"ah, today's kageyama tobio!" she smiled when she greeted him. "unfortunately i could not find anyone when i searched near the haikyuu stands. let's hope someone shows up before we start."

jungkook nodded in agreement, feeling a bit awkward that he was the only one standing on stage without a partner. the other cosplayers that were standing there next to him were all in pairs of two.

"before we start our game, if there is anyone cosplaying as a haikyuu character today and would like to participate, could they please make their way up here and join mr. kageyama tobio?" the lady spoke into her mic and faced the crowd. the people in the crowd suddenly murmured as they began to talk to eachother.

"i saw someone dressed as hinata shoyo!" a girl towards the side had called out, earning everyone's attention. "i don't know the person but i saw them walking near the haikyuu booths in the back. i'll get them right now!"

jungkook stood there fidgeting with his fingers and awkwardly kept moving on his feet. he was about to be partnered with a total stranger, and he wasn't sure if his costume could give him confidence any longer. if this partner would be a boy, it might be awkward between them for certain games. and the thought of a girl working with him, absolutely horrified him.

soon enough the girl came running back holding someone's hand and dragging them along with her. the person was short. shorter than hinata's actual height. it must be a girl, jungkook thought to himself.

hinata shoyo was pushed onto the stage and looked around unwillingly. as the person neared jungkook, they refused to look up at him.

it seemed like it took all the strength in him, but jungkook forced himself to introduce himself to the person. however, despite his effort, the person continued to face the crowd and ignored him.

"i will begin to introduce our contestants!" the staff member who recruited jungkook announced into the mic. "when i give the mic to you, state your real name, who you're dressed as and what anime you're cosplaying from." the lady smiled and proceeded to hand the mic to jungkook first.

"uh, hello." he spoke, his voice slightly wavering. "my name is jeon jungkook. i am dressed as kageyama tobio from the anime haikyuu. nice to meet you all."

the tiny person next to jungkook gasped as he did his introduction. he knew it. grabbing her shoulders, he turned the person to face him. those same eyes that he saw on his laptop screen just a couple weeks ago that cried over a stupid anime episode and sparkled when she laughed. it was sungeun.

"what are you doing here?" he asked in a booming voice, making sungeun retreat backwards a couple steps.

she didn't know how else to react but simply laugh. jungkook wasn't surprised. that was a reaction he could expect from his best friend.

"i'm here to surprise you, dumbass. why else would i travel all the way to the convention in seoul i knew you'd be at?" she pushed his shoulder back in a flirting manner.

just then the lady intervened and had asked "would you two know each other?"

"of course." sungeun butted in immediately replying to the staff. "and we're not going to play your game. excuse us." she said, taking jungkook's hand, and pulling him off the stage.