fin.

friday, june 3, 2016 | 1:00 pm

jungkook entered the seoul anime convention feeling very elated, despite his best friend being unable to come with him. his hair was dyed dark than usual in a shade of jet black just like kageyama tobio. there was no need to wear a wig with his outfit since hair could be styled easily. he wore kageyama's karasuno high jersey with the number nine, ordered from japan especially for this day. his makeup was done in a way that would portray kageyama's looks and special touches like a volleyball and water bottle were added to complete the look.

the convention center was just as gigantic as it had looked from the outside. the ceiling was very high and the walls were tall and white. all around the place were booths set up with activities and prizes, games and food, and tables filled with merchandise for the fans. in the center of the entire building was a stage set up with a table and sound equipment. panels would be held there through out the day.

jungkook's eyes were lit up with sheer excitement as he took in all the sights. everyone around him was dressed up in either their own fandom's merch or in a costume. before he could even reach a haikyuu booth, several people had stopped him and asked for pictures. dressed as kageyama tobio, he felt like a celebrity, evidently more comfortable in someone else's skin. his phone in his short's pocket was buzzing as he took a couple selfies with fellow haikyuu fans. they were texts from sungeun who couldn't make it because her graduation party was today.

"i know the anime con just started, but i hope you're have fun. just not too much fun without me" she had texted him.

"so much fun already." jungkook texted back, unable to keep the grin off his face. "wish you were here tho. you'd love it"

with a skip in his step, jungkook made his way to a haikyuu booth near some other sports related anime booths in one section of the building. after buying some merch and listening at a couple random panels of youtuber anime fans, he was stopped on his way back to the center stage.

"excuse me," a girl had grabbed onto his shoulder and held him from walking away. she had a mic on her and was wearing an ID that indicated she worked for the convention. "would you mind joining a contest that will be taking place in a few minutes at the stage in the front?"

jungkook scratched his head before answering. he seemed more confident in his costume and obliged.

"wait," the girl had stopped him again, "did you come with a friend or partner perhaps in costume as well? you need a companion for the contest."

jungkook shook his head, "i came alone. is that okay?" he looked worriedly at the girl, as she kept her placid posture.

"that's alright, i'm sure we could find someone else dressed in a haikyuu costume to be your partner for the contest. go head on stage, we're starting in just a few minutes." she gave jungkook a smile and a pat on the back as she sent him off before heading in the opposite direction to continue her search.

after being stopped a few times to take more pictures, jungkook had finally reached the center stage. he stood there amongst several other cosplayers with his hands clasped behind his back. a crowd had already gathered in front of the stage and people were chattering amongst themselves and pointing towards the characters on stage. the girl who had summoned him to join soon arrived by herself, and recognized jungkook.