full. [15.5]

saturday, jan. 23, 2016 | 10:46 pm

jungkook frantically leaped out of his bed and flicked on the lights in his room. he waltzed over to his tv and xbox console and turned both of them on. as he flicked the lights back off, he placed he headset atop his messy brown hair. sighing tiredly, he plopped himself back onto his bed and sat cross legged facing his bright tv screen which illuminated the small room.

"do you have a headset?" sungeun's message appeared on jungkook's phone screen. he didn't think she would want to talk to her.

just a couple minutes ago she made an attempt to ask for his number. she ended up giving him both her number and gamertag, and now she was calling him.

jungkook's phone lit up again indicating another message from sungeun. "i'm calling you now," the message read.

just a couple seconds later, bvbyama called jungolden.

it was eleven o'clock at night and a girl was calling jungkook. jungkook surprised even himself by picking up the call. he braced himself for the ball of energy known as his newfound friend sungeun, but he was stunned when a small, quiet voice called his name when he accepted the call.

"jungkook?" her voice flowed lightly into jungkook's ear straight from the headphones. her voice was higher than he imagined, but was warm. and of course, sounded tired. "your gamer tag. . . jungolden."

"and yours is baby yama." jungkook dead panned. he seemed to whisper since it was late in the night and his parents were asleep in the room next door. jungkook seemed unable to carry the conversation, but it was nothing new. so the line went dead and all that could be heard was the movement of jungkook shifting nervously on his bed.

"jungkook??~" sungeun seemed to hum his name. "are you on mute?"

"no, i'm here," he replied brashly. "i just-" he paused. "honestly, sungeun, this is awkward." and he laughed. "why'd you call me i'm so awkward."

sungeun's reply was nothing other than a giggle, making jungkook's heart flutter. her laughter sounded better than any opening intro to any anime or video game jungkook had ever heard.

"it's eleven o'clock at night and i actually have no idea what to talk about either. not being able to be behind a keyboard to talk to you is giving me anxiety. i can't make fun of you."

"so. . . are we going to play?" jungkook proposed.

"sure, and i won't let you win."

-
-
-

author's note: this isn't going quite where i want it to :/