29. The Butterfly Effect

En başından başla

He was making things up.

In a brief moment, I pinned him on the wall, smacking his head on its surface as I gripped my grasp around his neck. "You think I'm going to suck everything you said up? All I know is that every old vampire like the Mikealsons are either very good at deceiving or really good liars."

The next minute Kendrix managed to switch us positions, so he was the one now pinning me on the wall and I can say, he was as strong as Kol when it came to gripping necks or wrists. I tried to release myself from his grasp but it was pointless, since there was no way I could get away from such a tight grip around the neck.

"Don't you know I'm around 900 years older than you? Your recklessness is admiring but it can get you killed." he smirked, bringing his lips close to my ear, "But that has already happened, hasn't it sweetheart?"

I growled. Every time he had the chance, he was bringing up an event from my past. Then, all of a sudden, he let go of me as he stepped back, giving me the chance to gasp for air. I was leaning against the wall when he bent down and raised his head to look at my face, placing his cold hand on my cheek.

"I'm not lying, sweetheart. Not about this, anyway. My life is on the line owing to my sister's obsession."

I glanced at him and he stood up again, heading to the couch. I straightened up, crossing my arms again. "Her obsession?"

"She is a little bit obsessive over Kol." he answered, fixing his dark hair. "She has a little surprise for you too."

I gripped my fists, narrowing my eyes. "Why?"

"Excuse me?"

"Why are telling me all this? Why are you betraying your sister and telling all these information while you know I'm going to tell Kol?"

He smirked again, the same glimpse of mischief glowing in his emerald eyes. "Because I know you won't tell him, eventually."

I stared at him.

"You may know the story of Nikki and Kol. They met, they fell in love, he turned her into a vampire and she betrayed him. Afterwards, Kol hated her guts for an eternity, waiting to get his revenge. It may sound crazy but, my sister truly loved him with her sick, twisted way. So the prophecy was only an excuse for her to come here and visit him, after all those years. But, that's where you come in. She found out about you and Kol, how he changed for you and basically how much he cared about you and well, she went nuts. Literally. Making Kol Mikealson change for someone is something really remarkable. At first, she told me to keep an eye on you and tell her what kind of a person you are. A girl who didn't know she was a witch and then died, waking up as a vampire. You see, I found your..."story" so interesting that I did a little research about you. And that's when I met you, at Rousseau's. You astonished me from the start so really, I was fed up with my sister's hatred for you. But that's not the reason I'm telling you all this." he stopped for a moment, breathing in. "It's because, like I told you before, she is planning on murdering Kol. With the toy knight."

"Why? Why would she kill her own sire? Won't she die too?"

"She will. But she believes that, if Kol is dead and so is she, she can be with him again on the other side. This, is what I call madness. She knows that pushing Kol's buttons won't do any good so she thinks that if you stay here, alive and alone, she can have Kol on the other side. Now, the reason I'm telling you this it's quite obvious. Kol is my sire too and if she kills him, that means I die too. And I'm not planning on going to the world of the deads anytime soon."