29. The Butterfly Effect

Start from the beginning

..Could he want the gold dagger?

"If you are planning on play a trick on me then--"

"No Davina, this isn't about playing tricks on you, this is really important. I know you are still suspicious about it, but just, trust me okay? For Kol," he said, a serious expression taking over his face.

For Kol..

I narrowed my eyes. "Fine. But I still don't trust you. I only came here in order to hear about Kol and why it is so important."

And without waiting for his reply, I stormed away, heading for that significant tomb. In only a few seconds, we were already standing in front of it as I bit my hand gently and placed my bloody palm on its surface. After having opened it, I led him inside the tomb and eventually, we reached the big room with every Kol's inventions and dark objects. Memories flooded back as I remembered me and Kol in here, spending hours and hours in order to create the gold dagger.

"So now, tell me." I said, staring at him suspiciously as he studied every object in the room.

"He is indeed a genius, isn't he?" he murmured as he stood in front of a bookshelf filled with old caskets and witchy things. After having studied literally everything in the room, he looked at me with a serious expression.

"Kol is in danger, Davina."

"You're talking about the prophecy? I already know about it." I answered but he shook his head.

"It is not about the prophecy. It is about my sister. She is dangerous and truly unstable, sweetheart."

His tone worried me. Why would he blame his sister to me? But he had done it again before, right? Well not blame but, by his words, it was like those two didn't get on well really. But it might all be just an act?

"Why are you saying that?"

"She is planning on murdering Kol."

I glared at him, hissing, "Are playing me for a dumb? Originals can't be killed."

"They can, with the white oak. And I'm pretty sure you are aware of that, yes?"

I did not answer. What was he saying? The white oak dagger was well-hidden by the Mikealsons; they made sure to hide it with spells in some secret place so no one could get it. So how could Nicolette have had it? Since there is no way she possessed another one, right?

Right?

"But there is no--"

"I'm sorry for interrupting you sweetheart, but I'm afraid my sister has found a piece of the white oak."

"What?"

"You will be impressed by her. She might be a little on crack, but she is really smart." he replied, approaching me, "A knight."

"A... knight?" I repeated.

"Apparently, Klaus Mikealson possesses a toy knight which he keeps somewhere in their mansion. And guess what; it is made of white oak. My sister somehow found out about that and now, she is trying to get it."

I was dumbfounded. And confused. So many questions were swirling in my mind, so many things I had to think about. A toy knight? All this time, Klaus was keeping a deadly weapon which could kill him and his entire family somewhere in the mansion? And how did she even find out about this? Since nothing made sense that moment, I thought what any rational mind would think of.