#SayNoToHYDRACap

Okay, so this isn't really an update (I know, I'm sorry, I'm working on some one-shots at the moment and seeing if they're good enough) but as many of you have heard, Captain America has supposedly been 'secretly' working for HYDRA for the last 75 years. I know this might sound stupid, considering that Captain America is just a fictional Marvel character but personally, Steven Grant Rogers means everything to me.

He is not only strikingly good-looking (okay what the hell Brie) but, his beliefs and morals are super important and that is what got me into this fandom in the first place. His understandings and beliefs are what inspired me to become a much better person than I was before. Steve Rogers is a freedom fighter, he will always fight for freedom, no matter the cost. He tries to protect every single person and make sure they are safe, especially those who mean the whole entire world to him. And those reasons are why I love Captain America so goddamn much.

Steve has become such a big part of my life, and my love for him grew and grew throughout my two years in being in the Marvel Fandom. Heck, I sided on Team Cap because I believed in Cap's morals, and I stayed, no matter how much I wanted to convert to Team Stark.

And the fact that the writer had the guts to write Cap being 'secretly HYDRA' for the past 75 years makes me so angry. Not only did he ruin such a perfectly good character but, he completely, utterly disrespected the original creators of Cap who were Jewish! And because HYDRA was a science division working for the Nazis, I just find that so disrespectful and appalling. The writer simply did not think this through. I'm sure the whole plot was good but, it definitely did NOT fit Cap's character.

And lastly, Steve is a beacon of Hope for America. He was intentionally created in the 40s to give hope to those who were troubled during the war. But noooo, his character had to be ruined because of a storyline that did not fit his character.

So yeah, that's basically my little rant. What do you guys think about the whole 'Cap's HYDRA' Fiasco?

Oh and also if you'd like check out this petition below ↓

https://www.change.org/p/axel-alonso-make-captain-america-not-a-nazi-again/c

Thanks, lots of love,

Brie ♡♡

Ps, I will update ASAP