Rise from Ashes

Okay this story is kind of an experiment. It just popped into my head and I decided to write it down. Tell me If you want me to keep going with it or just trash it.

Thank you my lovelies!!!

Chapter one.

................................

Bzzzzzzzzz.

Shit.

Bzzzzzzzzz.

My phone vibrates in my pocket, again.

Bzzzzzzzzz.

"Lizzie, cover me I need to answer this."

Lizzie makes herself look bigger than she is, trying to block out the lunch patrol of teachers from seeing me use my phone. The teachers are really anal about not having your phones out. Even if your a senior, like me, no special treatment which I think is retarded.

Anyway, I press my ear to my bag and stealthy pick up.

"Hello?"

"Oh, Alexa, thank goodness. I just got called in to work."

I sigh. Good thing I'm on the honor roll, missing school all the time would likely fail me if I didn't work as hard as I am now.

"Okay mom, I'll be home in five." I hang up.

I look over at Lizzie who is still try to look like a football player, when in reality she looks like a twig trying to be a big fat old tree. It was quite amusing.

"Hey I have to go."

"What! This is the third time this month. What is going on?"

I shake my head and avoid answering. "Sorry hon. I'm out." I head out of the cafeteria and toward the door that leads directly to the parking lot, find my little Chevy cobalt and hurry home.

Lizzie is my only friend at South Pacific high. Her and her twin brother just moved here three months ago. Lizzie is super smart and doesn't really care about how she is perceived in South Pacific high's hierarchy, so she is mainly disliked in the eyes of the student body. They all think she is 'better than everyone else'. Which to be honest is laughable. Luke, her twin brother is way different. He is kind of a stoner, and skater punk. The only thing weird about that is that he gets straight A's. Weird right?

The reason I called away from school is because mom works as a factory supervisor and is in charge of all the safety procedures and manages most of the factory. So if a machine goes bonkers she needs to go there and check it out. Stuff like that. So anytime she gets called in she calls me home to look after Ash, because we cant afford a babysitter. As I pull into the driveway, I see mom with Ash on her hip waiting for me to get out. I leave the car running as I get out and swoop in to grab him. Mom says bye, kissing us both on the cheek then getting in the cobalt and speeding away. Yes, we only have one car.

"How's my little man? Hmm? Lets go inside and watch some T.V."

The three year old just looks at me and smiles. Ash is not your typical toddler, he does not cry, he doesn't talk, or make any noise really for that matter. The only noise he does make really is when he's laughing. And that's rare.

Ash has bright blonde curls opposed to my raven black hair. We look nothing alike except for our eyes, which are bright electric blue like moms. But in both of our eyes is a little shadow. Making the electric blue darken a fraction. We've both been through a lot and I hope one day we'll be carefree and have a better life. Me, mom, and him.

I used to hate coming home on weekends and babysit while my mom went off to work. I used to resent Ash, resent him for reminding me that my life is different, that I wasn't the carefree party cheerleader I once was. That I had responsibilities. Both to mom and to Ash. I was apart of this family, so I had to help out. Which, I've never done before.

Before Ash was born, we were the ideal American family. Dad was a pastor, Mom was a stay at home mom, and I was the popular cheerleader, excited to finally be a sophomore in high school.

That all changed when dad died. Since he was an only child, when his parents died they left us they're life's savings and that made sure our bank account wasn't shallow. But after dad died, only two months before Ashton was born, we pretty much ran out of money. Because there were Ashton's hospital bills and dad's hospital bills and then the funeral and than baby formula and diapers, it just got to be too much. We had to sell the house and move. We bought a cheaper house three towns over. The house was a one story two bedroom house with a finished basement. I claimed the basement and let mom and Ash have the bedrooms upstairs.

It was a big change from what I was used to, and it was probably the hardest on mom, since she went from never having a job to working the grave yard shift five nights a week.

Its been tough on all of us, and now I have to work extra hard at school because my college found was used to help with Ash's medical bills. So basically it is either scholarship or working with mom at the factory. Tough choice right? Haha.

Me and Ash have decided to watch Ninja Turtles. The best movie of all time, according to me and Ash. As Micheal Angelo get's kicked in the face I hear Ash's tummy rumble.

"You hungry Ash?" I ask in a whisper, trying not to be louder than the TV.

He nods a little 'yes' and goes back to watching the movie, but not before putting his little chubby finger up to his mouth and shushing me.

I get out from under our blanket and head to the kitchen, going over what we have in my head. Hmm. Spaghetti or lucky charms. That's basically all we have in the cabinets. The fridge is just as bare. We have water and juice.

I go back into the living room and hold up the lucky charms in one hand and the spaghetti sauce in the other. He points to the lucky charms and goes back to watching the movie. After getting him fed, I gave him a bath and put him to sleep. The clock read nine o'clock. I had at least two hours of homework left and then I had to clean up the living room and kitchen.

Joy.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

okay so what did you think?

Yes?

no?

maybe so?

Lol please vote and comment tell me if I should keep writing or not.

Thank guys;)