Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 6

Mulai dari awal

He glared at me, but didn't dare to stand back up.

I noticed the male flight attendant, from before, coming our way. He stopped beside Gabe, and asked them if there was anything they'd like. "Do you have ice cream?" I heard the girl beside Gabe asked.

"Yeah, do you have it?" Luke asked - more like shouted - from beside me.

Before the male attendant answered, I cut him off. "Can we have some chicken salad or a sandwich? Whatever of the two that you have, we'll take ten of them. And some peanuts, if you have them," I said. I heard Luke grumble and I turned to look at him, ready to scold him.

Before I had completely turned his way, I saw green eyes looking at me pleadingly. I stared long enough to make me groan. Turning back to the male attendant, I said, "And one ice cream-" I looked back to see her smiling "What flavor?" I asked.

"Chocolate, please," she said.

I heard Luke mumbling something about me being bossy. I released a sigh and told the male attendant, "And one chocolate ice cream, please."

"What about me?" Luke whined.

"I saw you eat three chocolate bars and two small packs of gummy bears during Vic's concert last night." I looked at him pointedly and he slumped back in his chair.

"But it was free," he complained.

"Yeah, and so is diabetes, if you don't control your sugar intake," I said matter-of-factly. How many times do I have to remind him that?

I looked to my left and saw the guy still standing there, "Oh, and water please. For everyone," I heard the girl say before I could voice the thought. The attendant smiled and went back to the cabin to prepare the food. She looked my way and I smirked. Good girl.

"Sang, meet my grumpy brother North. Grumpy brother, meet Sang. She's moving to Sunnyvale Court," Luke said, still frowning.

"Hello," I heard her say.

"Hi," I greeted her back, smirking at her.

Sean's POV

"What's up, Owen?" I asked, and smiled at him while I sat down.

He stared at me and sighed. "I've never heard you use your doctor title before. I think I should be the one asking you what's up, Dr. Sean Green." Well, he's quick to pick that one up.

"Oh, did I?" I feigned ignorance. "If I did, it must've been on impulse. Did you see that? Those were her parents. Adoptive parents, too. Just like mine. And her dad was staring me down."

"I'm sorry. It's none of my business. I was just curious about it. Flirting? I guess you must have really wanted to charm her parents," Owen said blankly.

I chuckled. "Well, I guess you could put it that way. But, honestly, I didn't realize that I did it."

"What's her name?" he asked.

"Why would I tell you that? You gonna go and steal my girl?" I smirked at him.

"Not my point. And we don't do that to each other, you know that," he said.

"Sang's her name. I haven't gotten her surname yet, but she might get mine in no time." I heard laughter from Silas and Nate. Apparently, they were listening in.

"Sang Sorenson. That's her name. And the couple with her are Mr. and Mrs. Danny and Olivia Stewart," he said quietly.

Eyebrows raised, I turned to face him. "And how do you know this? Stalking her already, are we?" I joked.

"You were late during our graduation ceremony," he started. Ugh. Why is he bringing this up again. I've told him multiple times that I was called in for an emergency. Was he still insisting that I was late because of that nurse who held me up at the hospital regularly?"

"Owen, I told you-" He cut me off.

"Those two are Academy. Or were. I'm not sure. One of the couple teams," he said. He stared off into the distance, must be trying to remember the past, and after a long pause he continued, "Before we were called to the stage, I remember that they announced they were taking a break, and wouldn't be taking regular assignments like other teams. I hardly remember the reason now, but they said it had something to do with family."

"They are moving to Sunnyvale Court. I suspect they'll occupy the house beside Kota's," I said seriously. What's the big deal though? There must be something that I'm missing here.

"That's right. I know this because I received a text from Mr. Steve Kane earlier, while you were snoozing in the VIP lounge, and he said that both of them would be on this plane. I had Victor check the passenger list and he saw their names. I didn't know that they were bringing someone else with them," he said.

"Oh! Do you think they are the ones the Academy were telling us about? The one who may be able to assist us with the school. That's nice. Do you think they're gonna introduce Sang to the Academy?" I asked.

"What made you say that?" He quickly looked at me. Suspicious. What do you know, Owen?

"Uh, I don't know. I was just throwing it out there. I didn't get enough time with her, so there's still little I know about her." I held my hands up, showing that I was innocent.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and released a long sigh. "I saw her name on the list. The one that you can have access to if you know how to look." Here it comes. "But not on the official list."

"There must've been a mistake Owen," I said, and he shook his head. "Then what are you saying?"

"I'm not sure." He looked so confused now. I could almost see the gears in his brain working overtime. "I don't want to assume things, but they're hiding something. Her passport is fake. She could be anything."

I hissed at him, "So what, Owen?" Agitated, I whispered, "You of all people should know that there are reasons why these things happen. Who knows? She could be a troubled child and need healing. They adopted her, Owen! That must've meant something."

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm just worried. It's just the thought that they'd go so far as to fake her passport. Why not get her a real one? And her name? She still uses her old name," he told me and then took a deep breath.

I sat back. "I guess you have a point. At first, I thought you were just trying to make her look bad. I got worked up over that. She's pretty, can you blame me? And we're destined to meet today." I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood between us.

"No, but you have got to stop flirting with every girl you meet!" I snorted at that.

I yawned and thought, you, my friend, are going to eat your words when you meet her. You just wait.