Harcourt Male - Porter Talvace

Name: Porter Talvace

Age: 21 and three ninety-sevenths (7676.28 days)

House: Harcourt

Personality: Porter is a lazy young man who often gets himself into trouble. Because he is lazy and does not like much physical labor, he is very skilled in finding an easy way out for every situation. He has a great sense of humor though, hence his many friends. It is very easy for him to get along with many people, but when he doesn’t get along with some, he hates them as much as he hates working. He is quite clever, but doesn’t like to show it, and he can be extremely sarcastic when he wants to.

Appearance: Porter has sad, baby blue eyes that make him look like he is always startled. His unkempt brown hair reaches just above his eyes. He is average height for his age, on the verge of being on the tall side, with a stocky build; which is slightly surprising because unlike the other Harcourt, he is lazy and does not navigate boats down the rivers. Like all other Harcourt, he has pale skin. Since his life is even more easygoing than other Harcourt because he barely does any work, his face appears much younger than he really is. He looks like he could be 16.

Background: When Porter was a child, he turned to a life of mischief and laziness, a very odd combination, but his family’s wealth made up for all the blunders he made. He has three siblings: a brother and two sisters, him being the middle child. He never got much attention from his parents, which is the reason he is a carefree, mischievous risk-taker.

Motivation: Usually, Porter would have never signed him up for a competition that almost definitely involves manual labor. And his friends weren’t really thinking of that either, considering they were all trying to work to earn for their now-aging families. Porter, as usual, just sat around, mocking them for the labor they put into it, while his family was very hardworking and wealthy. But soon enough, both his friends and his family got tired of his ‘I don’t care about anything’ attitude, and they all threatened to punish him if he didn’t get his act together. After a particularly biting speech from his best friend, Horace, to ‘do something useful with his life’, Porter decided that becoming an heir would be the perfect way to show them that he wasn’t just a waste of space. He didn’t know what he was getting himself into when he signed up for the Challenge, but he did it to prove his friends and family wrong.