How Many Punks Does It Take To Change A Bulb? - A Short Story by @angerbda

"Come here Raymond! Faster! We need to leave now!"

Hearing the alarmed shout of his mother, little Raymond ran to the picnic mat. His parents were hastily packing everything, not looking twice for whatever missing plate or glass. The family of three went as fast as they could to their shuttle, stationed few paces away from the perfect spot on the sandy beach they found on their afternoon of extra planetary excursion.

"My blocks! I forgot my blocks mum!" Raymond was devastated. He looked through the glass panel to the diminishing small blue ball that was the planet they had found on this nice vacation day. The toys had been a present from his big sister, Martha, for his birthday, few months ago. He loved them. They were smooth, almost the same color of the sand he had set them on, building a small city. His sister had them marked with his name and some really neat pictures. He, in return, tried to add his sister's name to some of the blocks. Now they were lost...

"It's okay Raymond, Martha will understand. We really had to leave though, and we won't be able to go back soon. See this?" His father was showing the reason for the rush. There were few lights in the dark expense of the Universe, nearing the planet they left. Those lights were, according to his father, pirate ships invading the planet G/\1@, recently listed in this quadrant of the Galaxy as a family oriented vacation destination.

Raymond's parents were the type to try any new destination possible. They liked variety and new scenery. It went to the extent that Martha, his big sister, was now a Galaxy Outing Specialist. She knew so much about almost all of the places to visit that she set herself in business with it. If you wanted to find the best beaches to swim, the best mountains to climb, the best glaciers to ski, the best in all the Universe could offer you, you just had to call her.

"Those pirates are a nuisance," Raymond's mother was rambling, "they are small men but they wreak havoc everywhere they go. I hope they won't pollute too much this beautiful place we saw. The weather was okay, not too warm. I guess if it was a bit warmer, the pirate would leave then... we just have to wait a bit..." His mother wasn't much talkative, usually, but she had had some bad encounters with pirates, once, so bad that she developed an allergy to pasta. Now, Raymond who loved his pastas couldn't eat them anymore. At home at least, seeing that when his mother went for her yoga class, his father and sister, when she was in the area, would bring him out for a pasta night.

"We are near the Sixth World," Raymond's father remarked, "Martha shall be there. She was supposed to guide some customers on a safari trip and to see some metavariants." The kid and his mother agreed with enthusiasm. The last time they saw her was at Raymond's birthday party.

The Sixth World was an interesting place, though not really family oriented. Martha had a small office there where her family found her easily. What the three visitors didn't know was that the young woman wasn't just a travel consultant. The Galaxy Outing specialist was a cover for her job as a bounty hunter. When her family entered her office, she was about to leave for the Hammerhead where she had a meeting with her friend Barb. This was the problem with having enthusiastic parents, going from one place to another in a whim. They never let you know in advance when they would come and see you.