Chapter 30 - All In The Golden Afternoon

Start from the beginning

"Perhaps the Chosen One is the key to finding a way to reach out to you," he spoke softly to himself. "Perhaps then I'll discover why you are causing all of this destructive darkness to attack this world... And yourself."

*******

"What just happened?!" Vincent yelped as he fell back to the floor, backing away from Avalyn's previous spot.

Nobody said nothing for the next minute. On the carpet where Avalyn's feet were, there was a faint blue circle. The four cousins just stared at it, the only noise coming from the room were their anxious breathing, and the muffled sound of the rooms air conditioning.

"She-- She just-- She just vanished!" Poppy exclaimed.

"First she pulled out that thing, and pushed a button on the thing, and then she just went," Ty waved his hands in the air, acting all dramatic before pushing his hands down like he was containing a ball of energy. "VWOOSH!"

"Jam, did you see--" Vincent spoke up as he used a chair to pull himself to his feet, looking over at the eldest cousin. "Jam?!"

Jam had turned his back to the rest of the Macht cousins, whipping out his phone and pressing the record button. "What's up guys, it's BangJam, and you won't believe what just happened here a couple seconds ago!--"

"What are you doing?" Poppy asked sternly, her hands shaking.

"I'm recording this for evidence!" He answered, raising his voice. "We'll need this if anyone is going to believe us!"

"What evidence? A blue circle in the floor?!" Ty exclaimed as he pointed at it. "How the heck is that going to help us figure out what the heck happened to Ava?!"

"It's better than nothing, okay?!" Jam replied with a hiss, running the fingers of his free hand through his hair. "This is probably some weird, advanced, science crap."

As Jam got closer to the circle, zooming in on it with his iPhone, the youngest began to pace back and forth.

"Ava's not dead is she?" Vincent asked with a slight whimper. "Please tell me Avalyn isn't dead! Who would sing me Go The Distance?!"

For as long as he could remember, whenever Vincent was sick, feeling down, or if he just had trouble falling asleep, Avalyn would sing him that special song from Hercules. In fact, Ava was really the only person in the whole world he would let sing to him, especially that song. Not even his own parents were an exception. One Christmas, Vincent got sick with stage 1 Malaria, so they called her up to sing the song to him because he was scared to fall asleep one night.

"Avalyn's not dead," Poppy assured the boy, placing her hands on his shoulders. "She's not dead, I just know it!"

"How?" He asked her.

"Don't you remember? That girl, Kaitlyn, that was talking to her on her Kimunicator?---" Poppy recalled.

"Still wondering how the frick she got one of those..." Jam muttered.

"Anyways," Poppy strained her voice with a hint of annoyance before looking back at the youngest cousin. "She asked Ava to teleport and to meet her somewhere."

"So that whole light show thing was her teleporting?" Vincent asked for clarification.

"Most likely," The Asian nodded.

"Okay, but, teleport to where?" Ty questioned, scratching his head.

"Where exactly? I don't know!" Poppy shrugged in defeat.