The Reunion

The only source of light I had is gone. The door I had opened, closed on it's own, and now I fall in darkness. I regret my choice of jumping. I look down, and see growing orange lights. I guess I'm not screwed after all! I do a front flip in midair just to show off, and then I land safely on the ground. It didn't hurt as badly as I thought it would. I nod my head proud that I learned to tuck and roll safely, and then take a look at my surroundings. 

I look to see that the orange dots were torches. I sigh relieved at this source of light, but I don't like where I'm at. I'm in a one way corridor, iron cells lining each side, and this place smells like death, decay, torture, suffering, and excrement. I breathe through my mouth instead, and walk forward.

"This must be a dungeon." I look on ahead. Afraid of what I might see in the cells.

I jump as I step on something. I move my foot, and nearly scream out at the sight of a bone that looks like it used to be someone's finger. I gag again, and speed up my progress down the corridor.

I'd feel much safer if I had my Black and Blue Rose, but Ichio took them away from me. Lucky them, but not me. I probably should have taken a weapon with me, but I guess I'll have to rely on hand to hand combat.

I stop walking at the sound of whispers. It sounds like it's coming from one of the cells. I gulp, and start looking through the cells. Most being empty of life, but they're perfectly filled with dead bodies, decaying bodies, bones, and rats. The whisper gets closer, and I slow my pace.

I find a cell containing a dark moving figure on the furthest corner of the cell. It's cloaked, but I can tell that it's a vampire and a man at that. I gulp, and grip the cell bars.

"H-hello? Mister, are you alright?" He hardly even twitches. I guess he sensed my presence from before hand, but his frantic whispering continues.

"Do you need help?" I question again. Hoping to get his attention. I hear something escape his lips. A little louder than before, but he said it so fast that I hardly understood him.

"What? I can't hear you." I tell the man. He slightly moves, and I watch him.

"d. . ." He stands up, but he rises with a hunched figure. "BLOOD!" I scream as he rams his body on the cage. I managed to move back, and bump into another cell.

"GYAH!" I kick my leg back as an arm wraps around my neck. I hear a slur of curses in a voice I recognize. I quickly turn around. I see him crouched down, and clutching his shin. His black hair has grown longer, and shines with days of oil and filth.

"Yagari-sensei!" I cheer grabbing the cell bars. Hoping falsely to open it with my bare hands. He glares up at me with his single blue eye, but I continue to smile.

"You idiot! What are you doing here?!" Yagari-sensei questions me as he limps towards me.

"It's great to see you too, Sensei." I say sarcastically, but not sarcastic at the same time. I really am happy to find Yagari-sensei alive, but he looks in awful shape. Now looking closer, I can see the injuries all over his body, the bruises on his face, and the feverish look in his eye.

"Sensei, how badly injured are you?" I question him worriedly.

"That's not important. I asked you, why are you here? I thought Zero and Kuran were protecting you." He says still apparently angry that I'm here. I sigh.

"They were, but getting caught was the plan to come rescue you." I tell him. His frown deepens.

"I didn't need you to come rescue me. Hunters die everyday. My death doesn't mean a thing." Now it's my turn to frown.