Then, you heard your phone make a beep noise to signify a new message. Glancing down at it, you looked to see if it was his reply, and it was. You unlocked your phone, reading the message.

Aw, sweetheart. I wish I could, but my friend and I are about to go to sleep. You know that we'll be getting up early for the rest of the week. I'm sorry. I love you though, Y/N.

You groaned. Fuck. Of course you had to just text him this late at night when he was about to go to bed. You feared that without him keeping you at bay, you would go right back to your school work since you had nothing else to do, and weren't in the mood to watch T.V.

It's okay. I understand. I love you too, Jisoo.

I'll text you when I wake up. Goodnight baby. ♥

Goodnight. ♥

You put your phone down next to you, releasing another puff of air. Maybe you should get a snack and drink some more water. Yeah, yeah that was a good idea.

Standing up, you went to walk over to the kitchen again, but then you heard your phone ring.

Turning around, you grabbed your phone to see who it was. It was a name you didn't think you would ever see again.

"Namjoon? Why are you calling me?" You asked once you answered the call, and you were well aware the words came out harsh, but the two of you hadn't spoken in months, almost a year now, parting after high school and only sometimes talking after he went into Bangtan, so you were confused as to what he would want.

He chuckled on the other end. "It's nice to speak to you, too, Y/N," he said in a slight slur, his voice strained, a light sadness mixed within it. He sniffled, and you could tell he wasn't feeling well.

You sat back down. "What happened? Are you okay?"

This was something you were used to, if you were honest. Namjoon and you had a small fling during high school, but it wasn't that serious. Still, the two of you were best friends, therefore meaning that you were there for him and he was there for you. He would vent to you whenever he was feeling down about anything, trusting you completely with his feelings. He'd go to you to talk about how something bothered him, and you would listen, giving him words of advice. Even after he joined the group and you didn't speak all the time, you told him that if he ever needed to talk, you would still answer all of his calls.

And he took advantage of that opportunity. Just like high school, how he would go to you whenever things were becoming too much, he went to you whenever being "Rap Monster" was too much. He'd talk about the public and their insults, constantly ridiculing him and targeting him for even breathing the same air as them, it seemed, and how he felt utterly defeated.

You would then take your time explaining to him how it was okay to not be perfect, that it was fine to be negative and complain, like the old days. Just because he was an idol now didn't mean that he needed to lose all of his emotions and not let anything bother him. He was allowed to cry, allowed to get angry or feel lonely. He was still Namjoon under that persona of Rap Monster, still a person, a human being with feelings and thoughts just like anyone else.

You'd tell him that he was important, that all of what any news reporters said was terrible, and how they were then terrible for thinking they could say those things to you and expect you to just take it. You reassured him, letting him know you were always there for him, that he was allowed to be depressed about things and complain about how rough it might be working with the company. You understood where he was coming from, knowing what it was like to receive harsh opinions from those around you, practically scrutinizing everything you did. Therefore, you accepted his disposition, even if it was what some might consider unbearably negative.

Namjoon hummed. "Being an idol is so difficult, Y/N. The hard work I have to do, especially as a leader, the press and how they judge every little thing you do, never giving you a break or a moment to breathe, and your company always pushing you to work, work, work. It's so much," he mumbled, the words coming out in even worse of a garble than before. "I wish you were here with me."

You let out a tiny gasp. "Namjoon, are you drunk right now?" You were concerned, not expecting him to do this. He had his moments where he would drink alcohol, sometimes getting tipsy, but he rarely let it get far enough to where he was legitimately drunk. And, if he did, you never knew about it.

"Binnnngoooo!" He said loudly, dragging out the word and ending it with a laugh.

But you weren't laughing with him. Instead, your face contorted into one of anger as you release a small, irritated groan. "Namjoon, you can't be doing this."

He clicked his tongue. "And why not?" He asked, the question coming out in a happy tone, clearly not taking you seriously.

"Because! Drinking is not a way to solve your problems. I told you to come to me any time that you needed to talk about anything." Your voice started off upset, yelling at him slightly, but by the end of your second sentence it had lowered, full of worry.

Namjoon airily snorted. "I was too afraid to call you. It's been so long since we've spoken," he admitted, his tone turning a little melancholy.

You sighed. "That doesn't matter. You're still a friend of mine, I care about you and want you to be safe so please just—"

"I love you, Y/N," he interrupted, his voice suddenly deadpan.

The words made you stop dead in your tracks, surprised that he said that.

You shook your head. "What?"

He let out another chuckle. "I love you. I've been loving you since we were together in high school. I've never gotten over you, Y/N. I miss you so much," he murmured, his words stringing together, but you were able to understand him perfectly, even though you wished you couldn't.

"Namjoon—"

"Y/N. Please be with me. I need you. You're always there for me, always making me feel secure and that I'm worth something. You're the only one I can open up to. I need you in order to feel okay, to feel normal, Y/N. Just give me one more chance," he pleaded, his voice taking on a desperate tone.

You swallowed hard. You didn't expect this. What were you even supposed to say?

"Namjoon, really, I can't," you said softly. You knew that if you told him you had a boyfriend, that would probably crush him, so you tried to leave it at that. You didn't want to break his heart any more than you most likely were just by rejecting him.

"Why? Because we had a falling out? I want to be with you. At least let me take you on a date, Y/N. At least give me that so you can see me and decide if you really want to not be with me. Just give me that one shot," he implored, and it was making your own heart hurt just listening to him beg for you.

Maybe if you just went on that one date, told him afterwards that you really didn't see the two of you together, he would be satisfied with that. You would never have to let him know about Jisoo, and things would be okay, in a messed up sort of way.

You brought the phone away from your mouth as you released a shaky sigh, not wanting him to hear it.

Bringing the phone back up, you pursed your lips before speaking.

"I'm free tomorrow night."