Chapter 31

I've literally just been working on the last chapters of TTBB...this isn't the last if you were wondering, I'm aiming for no more than 40 chapters at the end. There's been a serious plot twist and I've had to re-think the whole thing...but enjoy this chapter and remember to comment!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Renee change the music station!” I ground my teeth together in irritation as Brendan kicked the back of my chair repeatedly. I could see Blake’s hand tightening on the stirring wheel slowly and Mary Kate’s sighing becoming much more consistent.

“Renee…!”

I turned around to spit abuse but Mary Kate beat me to it “Brendan for the love of all that’s holy shut the heck up!”

He leaned back into the chair his bottom lip quivering “Well excuse me if I’m not a fan of a weird Irish band”

“That weird band” I snapped “Are called the Script and their amazing”

Brendan scoffed “Yeah, whatever”

We lapsed into a comfortable silence before I decided to ask Mary Kate the question that had been bugging me all day “Hey Emmy?”

“Hm?” it was surprising how comfortable we’d grown with each other. Considering I used the dream of grating her face and feeding her to a dog.

“Where’s Ashley?”

“On that biology trip”

“What biology trip?”  I asked confused, glancing at Blake briefly.

“You know, the one she paid $2000 for”

“$2000?” I spluttered “For what?”

“A month’s stay in some resort” she mumbled inspecting her fingernails “How come you didn’t go?”

“Because there is no biology trip?”

Mary Kate laughed unconvinced “Sure there was, she brought a letter home and everything!”

“So how come no one else has gone, I don’t see anyone else on a biology trip”

“That costs $2000” Blake added

Mary Kate’s smile wavered “I…I don’t know?”

“Face it Emmy” Brendan said “Your sister is just parading around the country with $2000 and has somehow convinced your parents it’s for an educational purpose”

“But…but…Ashley’s the good one” Mary Kate protested “She’s the one that has never gotten a detention”

“We think she may be mixed in with the wrong crowd” I tried to explain “I mean have you spoken to her?”

“Well I spoke to Jasper briefly”

Blake tensed “You did WHAT?”

“He’s on the trip too, that’s why I thought…” she trailed off

“What did he say?” I asked, ready to call Marie.

“He just told me she was unable to take her call and the resort was fun…and that they’d be back with a bang!” she giggled “he actually said that”

“You trust Jasper?” I asked warily.

“Sure I do” she smiled “He’s my big brother, why wouldn’t I trust him?”

So she knew. I dared a glance at Blake who looked equally as worried. I had a feeling Jasper was being literal. He certainly was coming back. With a bang bigger than ever.