Chapter 8

So it's short...but i uploaded like, a whole 4 days early so wooop! Just wanna say, I LOVE YOU GUYS anyone who reads my books and comments and votes, it means a lot to me and i seriously just want to tear up *she sniffles* Anyway enjoy this SHORT UNEDITED chapter, not what you want to hear but... :) she smiles sheepishly....

Shine Bright like a diamond,

Shine bright like  diamond

Shine bright like a diamond

We're beautful like diamonds in the sky. 

Diamonds- Rihanna

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I watched, mouth agape as they went for each other. Blake was an incredibly good fighter, but I could sense he was tired.

“He’s been fighting hours” a guy said to my left.

“He won’t have long, especially now they’ve allowed weapons”

I gulped. Weapons?

“Who’s to win!” a man hollered “$20 dollars to bet, 50 bucks back if you guess correctly!”

I shook my head in disgust. They were betting?

I watched, as Blake dodged, breathing heavily, Jinx a sick smile on his face. I glimpsed a metal glint in the dark. He was holding a knife. Just as he was about to lunge, I sprang up, grabbing he’s arm and twisting it.

I hoped the agency would be proud.

He groaned and turned around, and I swung my fist connecting directly with his jaw. He fell backwards, and I was surprised to see I had knocked him out.

I turned around panting to see the hush of the crowd.

“What are you looking at!”

They dispersed quickly, and I turned to see Blake on the floor, still breathing heavily.

“What the hell are you doing here!”

I laughed humourlessly “Are you kidding!”

Blake spat, and I wrinkled my noise when blood spurted out.

“Let’s go”

He shook his head “How did you do that? How did you knock out a guy twice your size?”

“Blake, you’re hurt if we stay here any longer he’ll wake up!”

He scrambled up, limping slightly and I grasped his hand ushering him along. He climbed into the Aston wincing.

“Why’d you do it?”

He looked at me “I need the money”

“What and you can’t go and find a job like a normal person?”

He shrugged “With a record like mine, probably not”

“You can find something and…”

“Look Renee” he snapped “I know you want to help but I’m fine!”

“Obviously not!” I retorted glaring “He would’ve stabbed you!”

“Yeah well I’m fine; you’re just a girl anyway!”

Just a girl.

I felt a pang of hurt, and we drove silently all the way back to mine. I climbed out and he followed me in.

“Where’ve you been!” Marie demanded just as I walked in through the door. She shut up when she glimpsed Blake, and I shook my head at her saying “I’ll explain later”. I climbed upstairs into my room.

“Sit” I told him, while I went to retrieve a first aid kit. I returned and sat next to him on the bed, cleaning the wounds silently while he hissed ever so often. I put butterfly stitches on the cut on his chest and wrapped a bandage around his wrist.

“I’m sorry” he whispered, and I looked up surprised, I didn’t say anything, just continued cleaning.

He sighed “My sister’s in care, my dad’s in prison, my mum’s depressed…I just…I need to release that anger somehow you know?” I nodded slightly, carefully cleaning the cuts on his face. I noticed how close we were, our breaths mixing slightly. He stared at me, his eyes softening. He leaned closer, his lips brushing my forehead.

“Thanks Renee”.

I woke up the next morning, with a weight on my waist, and my pillow more comfortable than ever. I leaned closer to the hard warm wall, wrapping my arms around the top. Then I realised you couldn’t wrap your arms around a wall. I opened my eyes, to find blue ones staring back at me. Blake smirked.

“Hello Sugarplum”

I yawned “What are you doing in my bed?” I tried to act nonchalant, but my heart was beating quickly.

“You invited me to stay” he didn’t remove his arms from my waist, and our feet remained entwined. It was suddenly very hot.

“Oh” I moved my hands away from his chest where they were resting “Do you want breakfast?”

He nodded in agreement, but didn’t let me go.

“Blake?”

“Hmm?”

“Do you want to maybe let go of me?”

He laughed “Not really Sugarplum”

I rolled my eyes “Please?”

He sighed, as if it was a burden “If I must!” he sprang up “We don’t have all day sugarplum” he said, smirking by the doorway.

I felt an unfamiliar flutter in my stomach and brushed it off, hurrying after him downstairs.

I was met with a feast of food on the table and looked up at Marie questioningly who was sat at the table with Blake.

“Did you cook this?”

She laughed “I bought it from the café downtown”

I rolled my eyes “I thought so” she threw a bread roll at my head and I laughed.

“So” she waggled her eyebrows “I hope you used protection”

I barely contained my blush “Marie…”

“Yes” Blake said smirking “It was very wild last night” he turned to wink at me and I shook my head.

“Idiot”

Marie laughed “Well I don’t want mini Blake’s running around”

“Ha ha” I said sarcastically

“That’s okay Miss Holland” Blake said “That won’t be for a while yet”

I slapped him around the head, but couldn’t help but smile at his implications.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Told ya it was short...keep reading and commenting and voting you guys are amazing!

Blake: Hey you!

VivWritesBooks: Oh hi Blake

Blake: Why did you make me sound like such  a pussy in the last chapter?

VivWritesBooks: Language Blakey Boy!

Blake *growls* You better let me kiss Renee already!

VivWritesBooks *cackles evily* time will tell Blakey Boy, time will tell...