Breakfast

Yang POV

It was Blake's birthday and since the kids were 7 years old I felt as if it was time for her to be getting her very first breakfast in bed from her kids. Of course I did that before the kids were born but this was to be far more loving since the kids would be involved. I got out of bed slowly and turned on the electric blanket so she would still be warm and stay asleep. I tiptoed into the kids room and woke them up "come on...let's go make mommy breakfast in bed" they got out and stumbled into the kitchen "ok...let's make mommy the best breakfast she'll ever have" I began to crack eggs into a pan as well as began to fry bacon while the kids-already knowing the recipe since I drilled it into their heads for weeks leading up to this-began to make the pancake batter. They walked over to me with the bowl and Kira carrying a ladle, I dished up the bacon and eggs but I managed to spill oil onto the hob and soon the job was on fire. I grabbed a towel and patted it down before sighing. I grabbed another pan and poured the pancake mix in "go into the fridge and pour some orange juice" they nodded and Lira went for the juice while Merrick went for the glass. I flipped the pancakes but I got batter in my hair, I grunted and looked at the kids properly and saw they were covered in flour as was the kitchen table "we have a lot of cleaning to do" I dished the pancake on a plate with butter and syrup before placing everything on a tray and walked through to the bedroom. The kids grabbed their gifts and entered gently setting them on the bed and opening the curtains "happy birthday mummy!" Blake woke up "what are you guys doing up so early?" I placed the tray on her lap "we made you breakfast in bed" she smiled but took in our appearances "that kitchen better not be in a mess" I rubbed the back of my neck "don't you worry bout that...this is your day but first open your presents" she reached over and grabbed the black wrapped present from Lira. She ripped it open and peered inside the box, she gasped and lifted out a glass ornament of her symbol. It was black at the bottom slowly fading into white "baby it's gorgeous" she kissed Lira's head. She placed it gently aside and picked up Merricks. She opened it and smiled it was a picture of him and Lira in their best clothes, he kicked the ground "what's wrong sweetie?" "Lira got mommy a better gift" Blake reached over and hugged him "sweetheart...I love both of your gifts...you know I don't pick sides when it comes to you two I love you both equally" I walked into the walk in wardrobe and picked up my gift for Blake, I set it down beside her and stepped back. She opened it and tears welled up in her eyes "honey...you didn't have to" I sat down next to her "I know I didn't...but I wanted to" it was a dragon and cat ornament I had crafted just for her. She kissed me and I leaned forward "you'll get your other gift tonight" she smirked and I stood up "come on kids...let you mother rest and let's do some tidying up" they trotted to the kitchen "you just rest up sweetheart" she began to tuck into her breakfast "thanks Yang" I nodded and began to help the kids clean up the kitchen.