I was speechless, then confused and curious.

"Danger? What is the danger?" I leaned forward in my seat, with my heart pounding and my head spinning.

"Well-"

"I'm a convicted murderer." Cade finally spoke, and that was when I had no words. All thought of keeping myself together crumbled.

"Wha-"

"Cade truly does admire you, dear, and he was convicted years ago. He can provide for you, protect you, and love you unlike any other man could." My mom inquired. I looked at all of them like they were maniacs, which they currently were.

"Are you hearing yourselves?!" I stood up from the loveseat. "He's a serial killer! A murderer! A-"

"I'm many things, but what good is it to be nothing?" Cade interrupted me and I turned and glared at him, pointing a finger in his face without a care in the moment.

"You are just the creep that likes to stare me down everywhere I go and doesn't take no as an answer! You little-" he stood up, towering over me and I stumbled back a little. "Tall," I corrected. "Douchebag!" I finished and he just smirked at me.

"Nice to hear the good girl isn't all pure in her choice of words." He leaned down to my ear. "I like a little fight." He pulled back and smirked wider while I stood there in a fury. I spun around to face my parents.

"Are you two crazy or something? Why would you give away your daughter to a convicted murderer that just said he likes your daughter and not even think of it as insane?!"

"Dear, you don't even know why he does what he does."

"But-"

"No arguments, remember?"

"No arguments, my ass." I scoffed. "I want to move away on my own, since technically you do not own me anymore."

"You actually don't have any money on your own to do that, and you live under our health care, our shelter, etc. You will finally give back and trust us on this, alright?" My dad boomed, and my face flushed in humiliation. My dad just scolded me in front of this boy. How humiliating.

I turned to storm up to my room in a dramatic exit, but I forgot that Cade was behind me and walked right into his chest.

"Oof!" I stepped back and regained my composure. With one last glare at him dead in the eye I stepped past him and stormed up the stairs, slamming my bedroom door. I plopped face down on my bed and screamed into my pillow, but that could barely muffle my angry screams.

The next thing I know it's Saturday and I'm finishing off packing all my things in boxes. All week I ignored Cade and my parents, and whenever they tried to talk to me I would scowl and walk off or hide away in my room. I was giving them the silent treatment, and they sure as hell deserved it.

I was truthfully scared of Cade because I honestly didn't trust him. He was too open about being a murderer, and I didn't like that. It was sketchy.

"Seraphina, Cade is here!" My mom yelled up to me from the first floor. I growled, even though I was the only one who could hear it, and ripped another piece of boxing tape off of its roll. I made no move to go downstairs and greet this douche. He ruined my life officially.

There was a knock on my opened bedroom door, and I turned curiously to see Cade.

"I'm not done, so you can hold your horses."

"Got no horses to hold, unfortunately." He came inside my room, or used to be room. "I'll start carrying boxes down." He grabbed two and left me to finish the last box. I hate everything right now.

I angrily ripped the last needed piece of tape off its roll again and placed it on the flaps of the box, smoothing it down to make it secure.

Cade returned, and I informed him I finished, helping him carry my boxes to his car. After we finished my parents joined us by his blue truck. Apparently I couldn't take Richard, and I was pissed. My mom looked torn to see me move out to eventually get married. It was her fault she agreed to give me away.

"So this it." My dad awkwardly swayed. I crossed my arms and angrily and looked back and forth between my parents.

"Goodbye, honey." My mom wrapped me in a hug, and I eventually gave in and hugged back. "I hope this is how we planned." She whispered in my ear, and my heart clenched. I hate Cade with everything I've got. And boy will he pay for this for sure. I will be positive of that.

After the goodbye with my parents we got in his car and drove in silence to his house. I reached for the radio to turn it on, but Cade smacked my hand away.

"Sorry." I sarcastically replied. Secretly I was repulsed. He killed people with those hands.

"Do you live with anyone?" I asked curiously.

"No." Damn.

"Is my room big?" I asked a little hopeful. My room in my parents house was small, but I made the most of it.

"Our room is big."

"I want my own room." I protested.

"Our room." His jaw clenched, and I decided not to test how long he could go without killing someone annoying. Didn't want to end up like the last guy, probably.

"Fine." I looked out the window in the silence between us.

Thirty minutes later he pulled into a normal, but big looking house. It was an off white color with red flowers in a garden. The neighborhood looked fairly normal, too, except each house looked expensive like this one.

"How do you live on your own in an expensive house?!" I asked flabbergasted. He shrugged.

"What I do pays well." He moved back to the car to retrieve boxes and I shivered at his last words.

After all my boxes were inside and I unpacked the things I needed for the night, I hid in our room and called my best friend Bethany to update her on everything. Cade was downstairs watching television, and I told him I needed a nap so he left me alone, but really I was using my friend, AKA the queen prankster, to get a few ideas of payback to make his life a living hell. She didn't know he was a murderer, because I thought it was best to leave that part out.

"I think if he already has a desire for you why not use that to your advantage?" Bethany said over the phone.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I mean, why not tease him."

"With insults?"

"No, with your beauty! Boys and their hormones, you know? Seduce him and then make him jealous." She said excitedly.

"I see where you're coming from." I smirked over the phone. "This is going to be fun."

•••