time

For a vampire time is nothing to us. Yet it is something, at some time in our lives. Time does matter. Whether it is perfect timing or the time it took snap someone's neck. We may not age. But we are still technically human. We feel things. See things. It's just we see and feel more. Ever touch is like fire. When we see something happening we know that we can do something to stop it.

Time.

Normal humans want more of it.

Vampires want less.

You know I had this thought. What would happen if a vampire were to continually feed a human their blood. Would it stop the humans age process. Or would they continue on with their life like nothing was going on. And if it did happen to work what kind of change would happen to the vampire. Would it cause them to be more human. Age. Not heal as quickly. Yes they would get blood in their system. And nothing should change. But what if they did.

I let out a sigh from all my rambling thoughts. The black piano sitting in front of me. I was sitting here playing the piano in the middle of the night just letting my mind wander. Elijah was up stairs sleeping. After the baby shower the mayor had walked up to me when Elijah wasn't around.

"You know. If you would like to have one of your own I know a spell. And I would be happy to do it. You would be a great mother." The mayor said and I tilted my head to the side.

"N-"

"Don't worry. You don't have to answer now. And even if you change your mind. Any time you want to talk about it. I'll be here." She said.

I don't understand why she would ask me something like that.

I know vampires can't have children. And most want one. But I'm not one of those who do.

Then why was I thinking about it so much?

Why did her offer sound so enticing?

Was it because of Elijah. And that I knew he wanted children.

But we hadn't even be together that long. We have spent little time together. Yet time doesn't seem to matter in these type of situations when you're a vampire. Though I wish it did.

But a child?

And what did she mean I would be a great mother?

I would be a terrible mother. Not only do I not like children but I never really had the mother daughter experience. So how would I know what to do.

Well I don't have to worry about it. By the time I would make a stupid decision to actually go to her for the spell she would be dead already. Witch powers or not.

I heard a small scream come from town and my head snapped up. I stood up imminently and headed for the door. Grabbing my shoes I slid them on as I vamp sped to the scream. When I got there there was this ally way and at the end I saw a man and his daughter pressed against the wall with the dad standing protectively in front of his daughter. In front of them was a group of men that had clearly drank to much we'll some of them anyways. One threw a beer bottle at the two and another spat on the floor in front of them. They weren't from around here. You could tell by the licence plates on the vehicles in the front parking lot.

"Please don't hurt us." The daughter said quivering in the back. She looked around 10 years old. The man in the front chuckled and took a step forward.

He was about to punch the man when I was suddenly in front of him holding his fist in mid air. The man blinked a couple times not sure if he was seeing things or not.

"You know. I've been meaning to beat something up lately. All this stress is starting to build up. It's not very health." I said and the man looked like he was going to respond but I punched his teeth in making any chance of a comeback non existent. "I'm sorry I didn't hear you. You weren't screaming." I said and broke his wrist making him let out a scream. "Ah thank you much better." I said and let him drop to the ground.

Most movies all way make fights look like it took multiple blows to take them down. Yeah.... No. That's not how it works. Maybe for a vampire. But a normal human all you have to do it break a bone in their body and they are down for a long time. And yes. One bone will do it. One. Not twenty. Not ten. One.

I let out a sigh when another guy came at me. If you're going to attack some one you mine as well do it as a group. One on one will never work if you are going against someone stronger than you.

I twist the person's arm until I heard a snap then dropped him moving onto the next guy. The next guy was some what smart. He pulled out a gun. But you don't hold the gun out far away from your body and in the other person's bubble because that just mean you can reach out and take it from them. Or if you are a vampire that means you can break their wrist so they never pick up a gun.

One by one I took them down. And considering I deal with a lot stronger supernatural creatures all the time back in mystic falls this was the easiest thing I've ever done.

"Thank y-" the man went to say but I had already disappeared around the corner. Leaning up against the wall I let out a sigh and closed my eyes.

"Have fun?" A voice asked and I opened my eyes to see Elijah standing in front of me with his normal suit and tie. And of course his hair in perfect order even when he has bed head.

"A blast." I said sarcastically with the biggest smile on my face. "Enjoy the show?"

"Well of course. You played the bad ass in it." Elijah said with a smirk.

"Did Elijah mikaelson swear?" I gasped placing a hand to my chest.

"I believe I did." He said and took a step forward. "You got a phone call when you were gone" he held out my phone.

"I've only been gone for 10 minutes. Maybe less."

"I know."