Meeting The Girls

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Ash turned around and his eyes met with cerulean blue ones. It was the eyes of a short haired blonde sixteen year old just like him. Yes you guys guessed it. It was Serena.

Ash was quite surprised. Not because it's been the second time today that he'd probably have to give the "you'll find someone better than me" speech. But because he actually found this girl to be.......... Cute. He had never really felt that way about a girl before. Even before the Incident. Sure he may have flirted with the popular girls and stuff and sure they'd fall for him EVERY time. But he had never really dated anyone ! And he had never really considered anyone to be really attractive. He always waited for "the right girl", but after what happened, he discovered that there is no "right girl". Love is a lie. And all those who say it isn't are just fools who don't want to admit the truth.

"yeah how can I help you", ash asked with his usual monotone voice. Though he may have thought that Serena was quite "cute". He still didn't believe in true love. So why should he care if she was cute or not? why would he have to act different ?

This attitude from ash surprised Serena. By the way he was just laughing and petting his Pokemon partner, she thought of him to be a really cool and casual guy. Well maybe she was just wrong about him. He seemed really really familiar though.

"well I just wanted to ask if you knew where gate four was", she asked, getting back her composure after hearing the boys tone. Who even talks like that anyway?

"well 'im heading there anyway", ash said turning in the direction of gate four's location. "you could just come with me if you want", he invited and started walking immediately. He clearly showed that he didn't care in the slightest way whether or not the girl was coming and that he wasn't at all interested in having a conversation.

"ummm sure?", Serena said, feeling totally UNSURE about anything at the moment. She quickly ran up to besides ash, her shoulder bag bouncing up and down as she ran.

They've been walking for about two minutes and Serena felt a bit awkward because of all the silence. There was kind of an eerie atmosphere around them.

"well since you're going to gate four, would you happen to be catching the AA 126 ?", Serena asked, trying to break the tension.

"yeah", ash said, not showing a bit of interest in what the blonde had to say.

"me too", she sighed under her breath so that the boy couldn't hear her.

"so why're you headed to Kalos", she asked, attempting once again to break the silence.

"work", he answered the same way.

"wow you're working ?", Serena asked surprised. "you seem to be my age ! How old are you ?".

"im 16 and yes, I do work.", ash replied.

"wow I never knew that one could be sent abroad for a part time job", Serena joked. Letting out a small chuckle.

"well its kinda my full time job. My mom's the president of the association so I kinda just work there", ash replied. Though his tone remained the same, he was now giving more specific answers.

"well what about school ?", Serena asked. It pricked her curiosity how a parent would just their child work for their company rather than making them go to school.

"well I home school myself. I read the books and just come and write the exams in schools and stuff. So I just pretty much buy the assigned books From a store and teach myself. My mom doesn't really know about it though. I just do this because I don't want to be working for my mom forever right", ash said letting out a little chuckle and smile at the end.