Lesson 4-maths

The clouds drifted past the window as I listened to Mr brown drone on and on about algebra. Looking over at Peter, I could tell he was just as bored as I was. I wasn't very happy to be ending the day with maths, but it wasn't too bad. I didn't mind maths, it was sometimes interesting to solve certain puzzles, but sometimes it was just boring for me. April however had a great interest in most maths, and was amazing at it. Most of the time she was the one explaining the work to us along with Aqui, who was also good at maths.

Luckily for us, today it was just a video about the history of maths, allowing my thoughts to drift. The video and mr brown combined would be enough to send me to sleep. My daydream began as most of them do, opening my eyes to see a different place.

I looked down to my bare feet, swimming in the water between the grass. The sky was dark, the stars just beginning to show. The air was warm, and it really felt like I was in another place! I couldn't even hear Mr brown or his video. The air was crisp, ruffling my hair which had come loose from its usual ponytail. Now if I could only find...there. A shadow was walking toward me. It always happened, the shadow would appear as one of my friends., Asking for help or something. It was always strange to see who would show. I waited for the silhouette to come closer, so I could define who it was, but the shape didn't become one of my normal friends. He was tall, his shape did look familiar. He stopped a few centimetres away from me,his shoulders heaving with every breath he took. I couldn't speak, but I checked his form to see if he was...well, ok. He suddenly fell forward onto me, making me squeak softly. He only uttered two words, but they sent a chill down my spine before sending me spiralling into darkness. "Help...us.."

The clang of the chair falling sounded so faint, before the calling of my name and all sounds of the classroom blurred out altogether, the icy coldness sending me unconscious.