“Doesn’t he need to run the shop?”

“He’s learning to multitask,” Maddie grins, “let’s go!”

I watch them walk away.

“Well, you messed that one up,” George says, appearing at my shoulder.

“Shut up.”

**Maddie’s POV**

“So, you know how George and I have been engaged for a while now?” I ask conversationally.

“Yeah?”
“We’ve set a date,” I grin, “third of August!”

“That’s great!” Angelina squeals.

“There’s just one thing,” I say seriously, “would you be my maid of honour?”

Angelina’s mouth falls open.

“Are you serious?” she gasps, “I’d love to be! Oh Maddie!”

She gives me a long, tight hug.

“Fred’s going to be the best man, of course,” I continue. Angelina’s eyes narrow with suspicion.

“You’re not trying to hook us up, are you?” she asks.

“Oh, Ange, you like him, he likes you-”

“No, he doesn’t!” she interrupts, “I won’t deny, I’m completely head-over-heels for him, but…”

“Ange,” I sigh, “I know him and George better than anyone. And I know how he feels about you!”

Angelina ducks her head, staring into her coffee. I roll my eyes.

“So, I was thinking red bridesmaid dresses,” I say, “because you and Alicia both look amazing in

red.”

“Have you got a dress yet?” Angelina asks, perking up now that the topic had changed.

“No,” I reply, “I’ve been so busy lately…”

“You have just over two weeks!”

“I know,” I sigh, “It’s been such a rush…”

“We’re you having it?”

“The Burrow, George’s house,” I clarify.

“Hey, did you see the Daily Prophet yesterday?” Angelina says, suddenly. I shake my head, frowning.

“Your dad’s been cleared!” She says excitedly, “after what happened at the ministry!”

I leap to my feet, my heart thumping.

“Are you serious?” I cry, “that’s amazing! He can walk me down the aisle!”

“Wouldn’t he have done that anyway?” Angelina asks.

“Of course!” I say, sitting down, “but now he won’t have to be disguised.”

I smile at the thought of me walking down the aisle beside a huge, black dog.

“Alithea will be a flower girl, won’t she?” Angelian asks. I frown slightly.

“I’d like her to be, but she’s not mobile yet,” I reply, “I think she can be the ring bearer and Ginny can carry her down the aisle.”

“She might learn to crawl by then,” Angelina says doubtfully. I smile slightly.

“She’ll probably be walking by then,” I tell her, “she makes huge developmental leaps all the time. She’s really a genius.”