"Please, let me-"

I slapped his hands away again and moved away from him further. "Don't touch me!" I yelled. "You do not have the right to even speak to me right now. Get away from me and stay away. Give me my stuff so I can leave."

Jim looked at me with sad eyes. "Please, just...just listen so I can explain why I did what I did."

"Give me my stuff, Jim," I snapped angrily as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Elma," he brokenly said as he straightened up. "Please get her stuff and have-"

"I don't need an escort." I again interrupted. Jim deeply frowned then nodded to Elma.

"Yes, sir." Elma bowed as she went into a closet and pulled out all of my stuff.

I pulled on my shoes and jacket. I grabbed my bag and followed Elma out of the room. Before I completely left, I turned to look at him. "Because of you...I'm here today." He clenched his hands as his shoulders went slack.

I exited the giant house and walked down the long driveway. Once I made it to the gates, they opened it up for me to leave. And I walked for hours. Deep in my thoughts.

Old memories replayed itself over and over. All the good down to the very bad events. One year of suffering after another. One year of physical pain after another. Remembering these flashbacks made the scars on me start to tingle and hurt.

By now tears fell down my face and I was at an unknown place. I was standing on a stone bride, facing the water below as tears kept coming. The sadness. The depression. The suicide. The fear. All the tears I've shed. All the terror I faced. All the pain I felt. It hurts...all of it.

A sudden screech was heard behind me and then a door slamming. "Scarlett," came his familiar angry voice.

My eyes fluttered as I slowly turned to look at him. He was walking towards me in his usual wear of a suit. His dark red hair was pulled and tied back. His jaw was clean shaven and smooth-skinned. The scar over his left eye made him look even more dangerously angry looking.

Now standing before me, I couldn't be more than happy to see him. He looked me over with narrowed eyes. "Who did this to you?" He asked in a strained calm voice.

I sniffled then just went and wrapped my arms around his torso and buried my face in his chest. I held in my sobs and just bathed myself in his warmth. He just stood there in silence. My chest caved in and I just let myself cry into his chest as he slowly secured his arms around me.

We eventually got into his car and drove back to his parent's mansion of a place. Still, in silence.

On the inside I felt so broken. So useless. So pathetic.

Ryder reached over and grabbed my hand knocking some reality back into me. He laced our fingers together and kept his eyes on the road. I turned my whole body towards him and wrapped my other arm around his and just stared at our hands. He lightly squeezed my hand, which comforted me a bit.

It was simple.

It was sweet.

I don't exactly know what Ryder and I were but whatever we were was a nice feeling. I sort of missed him in a way. His demanding and possessive self, as of what I remember, made me feel wanted and needed. As soon as I realize it, we made it to the house. Ryder let go of my hand as we both unbuckled our seatbelt. Ryder got out first and headed to my side and opened up my door.

I was about to swing my legs over when they started to tingle uncomfortably and then went away. Ryder extended his hand as I held onto it and got out. He closed the door and laced our hands once again and led us inside. "Oh my god! Scarlett!" Ang cried out making me move closer to Ryder. "Are you okay? Where have you been! Why are your eyes red?!"