"They are lucky if they still have control over they're bowel movements once I'm through with them." said Jack in a steely voice. "I'll send Brielle and Arthur back, but I'm staying."

"It's not  a good idea. Who knows what they've planned?" said Axky. "It's risky, and its not high school anymore."

"Axky, when I made it big as a businessman, I knew that having enemies was part and parcel of the job. The thing is, even if I'm willing to give my company over to someone else, I need to first make sure they are capable of looking after the welfare of the 30000 employees of mine. As far as I know, the Jones or the Kormins are the worst candidates possible."

"Fine." sighed Axky giving up. "Do what you want. I'll send you the details."

"Thanks." Jack scanned his e-mail and went back inside.

Just then Arthur came out of the bathroom, skin flushed and wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. He looked at Jack's physique and then his skinnier self and let out an audible sigh.

"What do I have to do to look that good?" he asked Brielle covertly. She smiled.

"Jack is everything all right?" she asked concerned.

"Yes everything's fine. " he said breezily taking off his bathrobe as though he was all alone in the hotel room. Thankfully he was wearing boxers beneath. Brielle blushed a deep red and tried to look away. Jack's muscles rippled as he pulled on a pair of blue jeans and stood bare chested in front of his enthralled audience.

"Man I'm so jealous right now," said Arthur looking at Jack's abs and comparing it with his own thin stomach.

"What are you both staring at?" Jack asked irritably.

"At least have the decency to change when people are not sitting in front of you, sheesh." said Brielle rolling her eyes.

 "If you don't like it then don't look. Anyway, I need you and Arthur to head back home as soon as possible." said Jack busily putting on a black T-shirt.

"What?" said Brielle sure that she had misheard.

"But we just got here!" protested Arthur. "There are so many cool places to visit."

"I'll bring you both some other time. Please, I need you both to head back." said Jack looking at Brielle. She knew at once that something was wrong. 

"But you're staying?" she asked.

"Yes." he said curtly.

"Can I ask why?" asked Brielle.

"No." said Jack as his phone buzzed with a message. He checked it immediately. "Your tickets are ready. Flight leaves in 4 hours."

Brielle sighed. What was going on? Would she ever be worthy enough of a timely explanation?

"All right." she said. "We'll go."

"But, but, but..." spluttered Arthur clearly wanting to stay.

"It's okay Arthur. He probably has his reasons. Don't worry I'll needle it out of him later." said Brielle giving him a wink.

"Okay." said Arthur visibly disheartened. "I'll go repack."

As soon as he left the room, Jack walked up to Brielle and pulled her into a tight hug. She was too surprised to move.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked, pulling back ever so slightly.

She looked at him, her eyes drinking him in. "Since when did you start asking?" she said unable to refuse. 

He gave her a genuine smile, his lips claiming her own, his tongue finding an easy way into her willing mouth. Their bodies moved in sync as he pushed her up against the wall, his hands sliding down her back and pausing at her waist.

Brielle found herself wanting him to hold her even closer. She was getting aroused, was something going to happen?

"I need you to be my wife." he said suddenly lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. 

"But, we don't love each other," protested Brielle as he crashed his lips against her own. 

She couldn't think as she kissed him back, intoxicated by his scent and the skillful way his body moved against her own.

"Please." he said huskily looking into her eyes. "Say yes."

"Yes." Brielle found herself saying as a ring slowly slipped onto her finger. After all she never had a choice when it came to him.

A/N: 

There it is, The Proposal! Let me know what you think. There were hardly any comments in the last chapter and its breaking my heart. Do leave a few words. I love reading them. It motivates me to write and helps me give my best.

What did you think of the Jack's past? A lot of stuff is coming up in the next chapter. Buckle up you seatbelts everyone, this ride is going be quite captivating.

If you enjoyed this chapter and like this story, please do vote and share. 

Lots of love,

Andy