Chapter 10

Jack Dixon has been voted the sexiest bachelor in business! He's tall, dark and handsome. With eyes that seem to x-ray one's soul and an intimidating personality, he makes his presence felt without so much as a word. His company Dixon Enterprises, started by his father Jeffery, went into bankruptcy when Jack was only seventeen. Since then, he juggled college and work to bring the company to where it is today. No wonder at twenty-four he's the world's richest and youngest billionaire in the world. 

 Here's an exclusive interview of the man of the moment with our reporter Priscilla Brown:

Interviewer: How do you feel about being included in the list of sexiest bachelors in business?

Jack Dixon (putting on his sunglasses) : Indifferent. I wouldn't ask the media to stop sensationalizing my image, though. It helps run a business if clients and consumers know how the owner looks. It personalizes things a bit. 

Interviewer: You've been valued at 60 billion dollars. What is the next plan for Dixon Enterprises?

Jack: Well, we've recently launched ourselves into aircraft building. Expect to fly in Dixon Airways soon.

Interviewer: That's great. Looking forward to that. So what is your diet? You have a high tension job. How do you keep yourself fresh and this flawless looking?

Jack (giving a wry smile) : I'm hardly flawless. I skip meals left and right. Its been a long time since I've had even three full meals a day. I eat on the run. Sandwiches and coffee keep me alive. I go to the gym a lot though. Its very relaxing for me to work out for a couple of hours each day. It keeps me sane.

Interviewer: The last time you had a girlfriend was two years ago is there anyone special in your life right now?

Jack (taking out his phone and typing) : I don't date.

Interviewer (sweating) : Um, so won't you ever, date I mean? You must need a companion.

Jack (taking off his sunglasses and glaring) : Its unfortunate that I haven't met anyone I'd like to spend the rest of my life with. But, as of now my previous relationship has left a bitter taste in my mouth. She tried to write my company in her name. Now that is unacceptable. I'd rather remain single.

Interviewer: Claire Westford has since losing the case against you, become a highly successful lingerie model. She has many fans, do you ever regret losing her?

Jack (impatiently tapping away on his phone) : No. I loved her. Made the stupidest mistake of my life by trusting her. I'm glad she's moving on. I never want to be associated with her again. I'm not interested in lingerie anyway. I'm more of a lingerie-less person.

Interviewer and audience both blushing : you were spotted with a mystery brunette last week...

Jack (looking up from his phone, a faraway gaze in his eyes) : Yeah. We're not secretly dating or anything. She has a boyfriend. She's just an acquaintance who helped me at a critical moment.

Interviewer : Oh. But you know what they say, why stop trying to score a goal just because there's a goalkeeper right? If you like her, you shouldn't give up on her.

Jack( irritably) : This interview is going nowhere. You work for a business magazine, shouldn't you ask less personal questions?

Interviewer (beaming) : People in finance and accounting have feelings too. I'm just trying to show the human aspect of the world's richest man.

Jack (calming down and smiling sadly) : I stopped having feelings a long time ago. If I get to attached or emotionally involved I cannot sustain a business. It killed me to sell off the carpet factory in Brisbane, but I did it anyway. Sentiments hamper me. That's why I prefer to keep to myself. 

Interviewer (smiling broadly) : That's a pessimistic approach to life! But who am I to comment I'm only a reporter.

Jack (waving his hands) : No no. You may be in any field in life, you may not have as much money as me, but if you are happier than me then that's a good thing. I can't remember the last time I was laughing loudly, clutching my sides. I think it was way back in high school. Money isn't the only thing in life.

Interviewer : Any advice for all young people looking to make it big in the world?

Jack : Stay true to yourself. Don't give up on your dreams and don't get sidelined by distractions. Be focused and hard-working. And be as happy as possible.

Interviewer (shaking hands with Jack) : Thank you so much for chatting with Daily Money. We really appreciate it. All the best in your next endeavour.

Jack (getting up) : Thank you. And Ms. Brown?

Interviewer (surprised) : Yes?

Jack : Its not impossible for a player like me to displace a goal keeper. What's difficult is winning the affection of the goal post.

With that exits the charismatic, mysterious and devilishly handsome Jack Dixon.

A/N : Did you like the interview? :D

Please comment, vote and share. It makes me oh-so-happy.

Lots of love, Andy