Chapter Three- "I Don't Love Anybody..."

Start from the beginning

            I followed Justin down the hallway to his room, stopping at the very end, and watched him gracefully pull out the key and unlock it. Walking into the room, I gasped. The suite was elaborate. There was a huge foyer surrounded by dark green walls and high ceilings leading over to a large open living room and kitchen. The living room had a large plasma screen TV with leather couches around it and the kitchen was made up of fine black granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. I’ve never been anywhere like this, this was all so new to me.

            “What?” He smirked at me. “You’ve never seen a suite before?”

            “Nope.” I shook my head. “This suite is bigger than my whole apartment.”

            He chuckled and sat down on the leather couch. “Come sit.” He said and pointed to the seat across from him.

            Making my way over, I asked myself what I was even doing here. I knew every fact about Justin, but I didn’t exactly know him personally. Taking a seat anyways, I slowly crossed my legs and rested my hands in my lap. I got a strange feeling that he didn’t bring me here to have a conversation like I’d hoped.

            “Why did you bring me here?” I asked quietly.

            “I didn’t bring you here Sophia, I simply asked if you wanted to come here and you said yes.” He cocked his head to the side, his eyes burning into me.

            “That’s not what I meant. I meant why me? Why did you ask me and not somebody else?”

            He then leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees before he said, “Well Sophia, to be honest you obviously wanted to come here and I thought you were sexy as fuck so here we are.”

            Wait what?

            I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

        “Wait. You think I made what I said up just so I could come back to your hotel and have sex with you?”

            “Isn’t that what you want?” his eyes never left mine.

            Licking my lower lip, I tried everything in my power to not get up and walk out.

            “No Justin, no I don’t just want to have sex with you. I came here to try and figure you out. I wanted to honestly try and get through to you that somebody honestly cares about you and wants to see you happy. You don’t get it. You don’t get that you save millions of people’s lives every day. You don’t get how much of a difference you make. Do you think every girl just wants to have sex with you and leave you? News flash, I’m not one of those girls and I never will be.”

            When he sat back on the couch and started to laugh it left me completely and utterly at a loss for words right now.

            “What the hell is so funny?” I snapped.

            What the hell was this dudes problem? Somebody tries to tell him how they feel about him and he laughs? I could feel the blood start to boil under my skin, knowing at any given second I was going to get up and walk out. 

            “Sophia, It’s nothing personal…” he said and shook his head. “You just don’t know me, you don’t know how I am.”

            “Well I guess I know who you are now. You said you weren’t that much of an asshole as people said you were? What a joke.” I couldn’t even think I was so angry. “I came here to tell you my story. I came here to tell you how you taught me to never give up and to never lose hope. I meant what I said. You don’t know the first thing about me. I don’t know you personally, no. But you don’t know me either. You should’ve told me your intentions. I honestly thought I was going to be able to tell you how I felt about you tonight but obviously I was wrong.”