The Big Game

We crouched low to the ground, ready for a hard serve from the serious-looking girl on the opposite team. 

We shouldn’t have worried though because we returned it with ease and ended up winning 12 points in a row to their 0.

We ended up winning the match 2 sets to none and we celebrated with a Gatorade fight.

After a one match break, we were on the court again, this time losing to the team that acted too serious to be normal…

Anyways, so we were having our two match break, when there was screaming from down the beach and we saw a group of girls huddled around something.  Or someone…  Someones.  I mean 5 people.

Boys to be exact. 

5 mega popstar boys…  From ONE DIRECTION!

Sorry, I was excited!

While the rest of my team stood up, grinning and fangirling, I sat calmly and drank the rest of my Gatorade, relishing in the taste.

Haha that’s funny because I don’t actually like Gatorade that much… 

Eh YOLO!

Yes, I did just say that!

“G’day!”

I literally jumped out of my seat before realising it was Niall. 

“Oh hey…  Wait, weren’t you over there just a second ago?” I asked, gesturing towards the crowd of girls about 100 metres away. 

“No, but the rest of the boys are,” he replied. 

“Well, sit down before anyone recognises you,” I said, pulling a chair over for him. 

“How’ve you been goin’?” he asked. 

“What? Since last night?” I asked. 

“No, I mean in your games.  Have you won them all?” he asked. 

I shook my head.  “Nup.  We’ve won one and lost one.”

“Not good enough!  Nah just kidding.  When’s your next game?” he asked. 

I glanced at my iPod.  “Ten minutes.  Are you staying?”

“May as well,” he replied, reclining in the chair as I stood up and made my way over to the crowd of girls, smiling as Harry caught my eye and grabbing my team.

“Charlie!” groaned Amanda.  “It was Liam Payne!”

“Yeah well I’ll give you a pain if you don’t hurry up and do the coin toss!” I replied, signalling toward the impatient umpire. 

She sashayed away and soon enough the game began. 

“Let’s go girls!” shouted Millie as we glanced at the score. 

It was one set all and the scores were tied, 23-23.  If we got these next two points, we’d won. 

I threw the ball up and slammed my palm against it, watching it shoot over the net and straight into the hands of the opposition. 

The rally went on for about a minute, but Millie ended it with a mega-fast spike that shot straight down the net. 

We all cheered and I felt butterflies in my stomach as the ball was rolled towards me. 

I heard a ‘WHOOP!’ from the sidelines and spotted Niall, lounging over two chairs with a baseball cap and sunnies on. 

I grinned and served the ball as hard as I could.