Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

[Harry's POV]

I think Liam knows that I love him. Cause he's becoming sweeter to me. He never used to be like this. He opens doors for me now. It's cute and all, but it makes me feel weak. And we always end up fighting for the door handle, and it's just unnattractive. But he's straight. So it's not like we'd become anything anyway. So my dreams will forver stay in my mind, never to be real.

But he asked me to a party. My first actual highschool party. With slutty girls and alcohol. No adults. Just wasted highschool teenagers. I'm pretty nervous, but the football team and I called it a truce. So it shouldn't be that bad.

Anyways, Sophia is at Sunday school. She'll be getting out in about 2 hours. Thank God it's her last session before she graduates from that place.

I told my doctor if he could change my gaurdian name and number on my emergency card from Austin to Liam. He's 18 and over, so he qualifies as a guardian. He cares more than Austin anyways. I'd rather live with Liam, but Sophia. I can't leave her here with him. Imagine how he'd take his anger out if I weren't there. It makes me shudder just thinking about her in pain-

"HARRY!" Austin called from downstairs.

I looked at the door, put my pen in my journal page that I had left off on, and hopped off my bed. I strolled down the stairs. I was too lazy to be afraid today. It was Sunday and I wanted to spend it in solitude and peace.

"Yes?" I asked once I had stepped into the kitchen.

Austin was staring into the refrigerator. He didn't even take his head out of it when he talked to me.

"Why is there no more beers in my fridge?" he asked sternly.

I shrugged but I forgot that he couldn't see me. I just made a face expressing "How the hell should I know?!"

"I don't know? You drank them all,” I replied.

Austin chuckled. He took his head out of the cold door and slammed it shut. He turned to me with a drunken face. Here we go, Harry.

"What did you just say? Are you catching an attitude?!" he walked up to me and grabbed my collar. I put a hand on his wrist, and he smacked it away with his other hand.

"I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!" then he threw me across the kitchen into the counter. My back cracked once I hit the edge of the countertop. A painful groan escaped my closed lips.

"I DID!" I shouted back.

Wrong answer there.

At this point I couldn't really care any less than I have all these years. I'm too tired, too lazy, and I'm just 100% done with him and his bullshit. I don't care what he does anymore, because literally, nothing will get better. He will say that he's the good dad then, once he's had a beer, he's BACK to his normal ways. I'm through with getting my hopes up thinking that he'll change. He will never change.

Austin rushed over and grabbed me in a chokehold with his two hands. He was squeezing the life out of me. Literally. He made me stand up, still gripping my neck. He had me against the wall and I was turning blue. I could almost feel my blood stop circulating. This syncope thing is gonna start acting up and I was gonna pass out again. My eyes were starting to roll to the back of my head when he suddenly let go. I dropped down to the ground on my stomach. Austin crouched down to my face.

"I'm not gonna kill you." he spat in my ear. "Yet."

After that little message, his large, thick combat boots came in contact with my back, flinging my body forward on the floor. I slapped the floor with a thud and hit my nose on the ground. I shouted in pain as blood started rushing down my nostrils. I tried to stand, but my arms were too bruised and weak that I just fell back down. I want Liam to come to the rescue again. But I know that he wont.