Meeting the Boys

Start bij het begin

She thought for a moment and then shook her head. "No, I remember my sister going, and waiting in the waiting room, but no, I never went myself."

I nodded, that is what I thought but it was good to have some confirmation.

"You, Miss Sorenson, are what we call a ghost bird. You have no medical records, no history on paper not even a valid birth certificate."

"Shit" Mr. Lee whispered.

****

Sang POV

I'm still wearing North's shirt, but I change back into my jeans which are mercifully dry thanks to Kota. The guys tell me I'm fine to wear Kota's pants over to the other house. Sean even mutters about getting a makeover either way. But I want to be wearing something I don't feel will fall off at any second.

We drive over, which feels a little silly, but Mr. Blackbourne thinks if anyone is paying attention they will be less likely to notice me going from car to house rather than walking all the way down the block with three guys in tow.

I'm nervous about meeting all of these people in 24 hours, let alone another six more in the next two minutes. I take a deep breath to gain a little courage from the air. Kota reaches out when I get to the door and clutches my hand. I smile back at him and take my courage from him.

Sean and Mr. Blackbourne go into the house first. I've seen this house before, but never really paid attention to it. It is a single-story ranch style house. That is about all I notice before I hear the sounds of people yelling inside.

I shrink back into Kota's chest and he wraps a hand protectively around my waist, enveloping me in his spicy scent. Then I notice that the yelling is more like cheering in encouragement. I hear cars racing in the background just as Kota whispers in my ear, "They are playing video games. Sorry they are so exuberant."

Mr. Blackbourne walks ahead down the hallway while Sean stays back and turns toward us, waiting at the mouth of the hallway.

Ahead the noise quiets a bit. I reach out for Sean and hold both of their hands as I walk forward.

When we turn the corner into the living room, the people are silent and staring at us. I feel my face flush painfully. I look around the room and notice that all of the boys are my age and remarkably good looking.

The boy in the chair nearest me is huge. He is wearing all black and has gruff whiskers across his face, as if he hasn't shaved in a day or two, along with a frown and a considering look. He's tall and muscled with dark hair and deep brown eyes. He scares me a little the way he stares, but they told me these are friends. I try and give him a small smile. His mouth opens and he starts ,"Hey, isn't that my..."

Kota jumps in and interrupts, "Everyone, this is Sang"

"Sang that is North, Luke, Gabriel, Victor, Nathan, and Silas." He points them out as he goes around the circle of boys seated around the television.

North is the big guy in all black. I look down and realize that I must be wearing his shirt. It WAS too big for Kota. It probably belonged to this man who liked black so much. I blush more and stutter out, "I... I'm sorry about your shirt!"

He just shrugs.

Next is Luke. He is beaming at me and I can't help but smile back. He is beautiful. He has bottomless chocolate colored eyes and long blond hair that is tucked behind his ears. He has a baby blue shirt on that only has two buttons buttoned at the moment so I can see most of his lean muscled chest. His eyes have a dreamy look to them like he is lost in a fantasy.

Gabriel is sitting next to him and he has a calculating look on his face. When he notices I am looking at him, his face brightens into a genuine, dazzling smile. His eyes are a crystal blue like summer skies. They also have that calculating look in them, though. He has russet colored hair that brushes his collar and two blond streaks that tuck behind his ears. There are orange crystal studs in each ear and three black hoops cresting his right ear. He is wearing a bright orange button up with a green tank underneath and dark wash jeans.

Victor looks the most polished of all of the guys other than Mr. Blackbourne. He is wearing black slacks and a crisp, white, button-up shirt. He could be a business man if he was over seventeen. His brown hair waves over his ears and he tucks it back as I look at him. His eyes are amazing. They are a deep brown but look like flames of fire. I can't help but stare into them until a small cough brings me back to reality.

Nathan sits on the floor by Victor's feet. He is wide and muscled like North. You can see the muscles flex in his chest under his tight red t-shirt. He has deep blue eyes and red brown hair that glistens in the shaft of sunlight that hits him. His eyes sparkle at me as he flashes me a white smile.

Last, in the other chair, sits Silas. Silas is the biggest of all the boys. He is at least a head and a half taller than me. He has shiny black hair and boundless brown eyes that I could get lost in. He too is heavily muscled and I think I would easily get lost in his chest if I were to hug him.

All of the boys nod and smile at me and say a quick hello. Then all eyes turn to Mr. Blackbourne. I hang my head a little and look up at him out of the corner of my eye. This meeting was called because of me. I am the trouble maker that brought them all here so early to try and figure out what to do.

Sean and Kota both squeeze my hands and Mr. Blackbourne reaches over and rubs a hand quickly across my shoulder and lets it drop. I have a feeling that he is not one for touching from the surprised looks on everyone's faces.

He clears his throat and I squeeze my eyes shut. "Miss Sorenson is being abused at home. We need to decide how we will deal with it. Kota and I have a few ideas. We would like to discuss them with you all and decide what to do from there. It would be better for Miss Sorenson not to return home. At the very least not while her mother still resides there."

I was waiting for the inevitable questions about what happened to me, what kind of abuse. But they didn't come. When I opened my eyes Sean is removing a steady glare from the boys and shoots me one of his beautiful smiles that make me want to melt into his chest. Maybe I won't have to go through it all again.

Sean pipes up, "Okay! Let's talk strategy!"

"Well she's not fucking going back there until we figure out what we are doing. She is staying here or with Kota. Shit, she can stay with me, I don't give a fuck! But that is first on the agenda. Yes?" Gabriel glares around the room in question and then answers himself. "Yes... and we are going shopping. Vic clear your schedule." No one disputes him so I just look on with wide eyes.

"Food. We need food. I can't think on an empty stomach," Luke clutches at his stomach and grimaces, making me laugh. Everyone looks to me and I feel my face flush. I try to rub at my cheek to hide it but I don't think I fooled anyone.

"Yes! Pookie needs her medication anyway, so breakfast is a good idea! We'll talk seriously after food." Sean rubs his hands together and pokes at my nose.

Nathan gets up from the couch restlessly and announces, "I'll be back in ten. I need a quick run." He takes off toward the front of the house and Kota looks after him worriedly.

Mr. Blackbourne goes over to Victor and starts talking to him while Luke jumps up and goes to the kitchen. North and Silas follow and start taking dishes to the dining room. Kota sits on the other side of Victor. I look to Sean. He pulls me into a hug, surrounding me in the smell of citrus and ginger then rummages in his bag and gets out his pills, pulling me toward the kitchen.