Chapter 6: Flash of the Past

Aphmau's POV

--------------------------

The last thing I heard was Jay screaming, "Aphmau, NO!" 

He tried to grab me, but I was already being pulled into another flashback.

Stupid Pizzeria.

Stupid animatronics.

Stupid Purple Guy.

Stupid me.

*Flashback*

I was in my office at Fazbear's Pizzeria, checking security cameras and trying not to die.

Real subtle, huh?

Chica in the kitchen. Check.

Freddy on the stage. Check.

Foxy in the cove. Check.

Bonnie....NOT CHECK!

I began to panic, checking every other camera when I stumbled upon the blue bunny right outside the door.

AHHH!

I pressed the button, but it wasn't working.

Bonnie slowly came around the corner, fixating his green eyes on me.

I closed my eyes, prepared for whatever he was about to do to kill me, when he spoke. "A...u..A...Aunt...t.tie A..pph..m..a..uuu?"

I stared in shock at the blue bunny.

"You know me?"

"It...i...tt.s. m...e..A...A...A....nd...y." He said.

"Andy? Claire's son? My sister's son? But...how?"

Before he could respond, Freddy came in, followed by the rest.

I scrambled back, and pressed myself against the wall, terrified.

"No...no!"

All four got closer, until they were two feet away.

"Go away!" I sobbed.

"A...u...nn..tii..e A...Aph...ma...mau. I...t...s...s O...kkay." Bonnie said, his voice-box wavering his voice.

"NO! YOUR NOT ANDY! HE WENT MISSING YEARS AGO! YOU CAN'T BE HIM! YOU CAN'T. You can't...." I whispered the last part, staring at the looming robots.

My head hurt.

My knees buckled.

I was slowly losing my consciousness.

A small angelic voice said in the back of my head, "Auntie, it's okay. We'll protect you."

I blacked out, and the last thing I heard was a haunting tune coming from the jukebox.

*Flashback End*

I jolted awake, and the first thing I felt was a soft pillow under my head.

I got up, my vision blurry, and noticed the familiar surroundings.

My house?

But weren't we at the mall?

"Aphmau!" Jay's voice came into focus. "Thank Irene your awake!"

"Ughh. My head. What happened?"

"We don't know. You just kinda, well, fainted at the mall, so we brought you home." Aaron said.

"...I...I what?"

Oh my Irene. I hadn't had a flashback in months! Why were they coming back now?"

"Are you okay Aphmau? You look a little pale." Garroth commented.

"I can get you some water." Laurence offered.

"Th...that would be nice." I croaked, my throat parched.

Laurence dashed off, eager to help.

I got up, my head still dizzy, and I propped myself up.

Everything eventually came into focus, and everyone's concerned faces came into view. 

Sipping my water quietly, I blankly stared until Katelyn asked, "Why didn't you tell us Aphmau?"

I nearly choked. "Tell you what?"

"That you have random black-outs and its a very serious medical condition!" She barked, making me shrink.

Jay sent me an apologetic glance, and I knew what he'd done.

A lie. He'd told them a lie to keep it a secret.

I decided to play along, and stammered, "I didn't want any of you to fuss over me."

"Either way, your not going to the Halloween party." Aaron said sternly.

"Wait, WHAT!" I screeched.

"If your going to randomly faint during the party, well...we can't have that! You could get hurt...or worse."

"No." I said firmly. "I'm going and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

"Aphma-"

"NO! I'm going!"

"Why does it matter so much to you!" He shot back. "It's just a party!"

"I can't explain it Aaron. Your a good friend, really, but some secrets are best stayed that way."

I got shakily to my feet.

Jay suddenly got up.

He tilted his head as though listening and his eyes widened.

"Aphmau, I have to go. As in, right now. And I think you do too."

I looked at the clock and gasped. 

11:30 PM.

My shift!

"Holy Irene! Your right! My shift starts soon!" I exclaimed.

"Shift?" Laurence asked.

"My job! I need to go!" I said, panicking.

I grabbed my purse, and pulled out my phone.

"Wait." Aaron said, blocking my way. "You work on the weekends?"                  

I cursed silently. It was Saturday! I needed to visit the animatronics before they got restless!

But how would I explain that to my friends? They though I only worked during the weekdays.

"Umm...my boss offered me a pay raise if I worked during the weekends! I'm sorry, but I HAVE to go!" I cried, straightening my hair and brushing myself off.

"Why is Jay going with you then?" Garroth interjected.

"He's part of it. Can't explain!" 

I shifted to the clock. 

11:45 PM.

"Bye!" I said, jumping around Aaron, Jay right on my tail.

"Aphmau, wait!" My friends shouted, but I screamed right back, "DON'T YOU DARE FOLLOW US, OR I WILL END YOU." in my scary tone.

Opening the door, we ran down the road, all the way to Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria.    

To the place we were bound to.

To the place that had changed us all...