Chapter 2: Stalkers in the Streets

I do not own any of Aphmau's characters except for Jay

------------------------

Aphmau's POV

------------------------------

Jay was still up ahead of me, so I put on a burst of speed and caught up.

"So, how's life?" I asked.

Jay tilted his head.

"Ehh...it's got ups and downs." He said. "Thanks for the bracelet. It matches my hook."

He unrolled his sleeve and revealed his long, metal hook that curled in the shape of a question mark. It was his ironic replacement of his hand. A pirates hook. 

The golden band was slipped near the wrist.

I could hear a gasp of surprise but when I turned around, there was nobody.

Strange.

We stopped by Delli's Icecream and Frozen Treats stand.

"Hello! What can I get you!" A young lady with auburn hair tied into a bun smiled brightly.

"I'll get a Blueberry Blast Popsicle and..." He trailed off, looking meaningfully at me.

I cleared my throat. "And a mint chocolate cone please!"

"'Kay, sweethearts that'll be $6.99."

I started to get out my purse but then remembered I'd left it at home.

"Oh my Irene! I forgot my money!" I exclaimed.

"Don't worry, its on me." Jay said, pulling out a $10 dollar bill. "Keep the change."

If possible, the woman's smile became brighter. "Thank you so much! Have a nice day!" She chirped.

While eating my icecream, I turned and found myself looking at my least favorite people.

Sasha, Lillian, and Ivy.

"Well if it isn't the ugly potato." Ivy sneered, her bubblegum hair whipping me in the face.

Lillian and Sasha snickered.

"Gee thanks! I was trying to look like you today!" I snapped back.

Ivy's face turned bright red. "Shut your mouth! You have no right to-"

"Excuse me but, could you break it up ladies?" Jay interrupted.

The trio turned to him, and Ivy batted her eyelashes. "Well who might you be?" She asked with fake politeness.

"I'm Jay, and I'd appreciate if if you didn't call Aphmau here an ugly potato." He said, his barely controlled anger obvious.

"Well Jay, you know, you really shouldn't hang out with these kinds of people." Lillian said, wrinkling her nose in my face.

"Actually, I think I know what kind of people I shouldn't be with." He growled, raising his hook defensively.

All three girls stepped back.

Sasha sent me a baleful glance. "Next time, you won't have your pretty little boyfriend to protect you Aphmoo. Watch out." Her purple eyes glittered maliciously.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I shot back.

"Whatever." 

The three of them stalked off and I took a deep breath. "They get on my nerves."

"I can tell. Hey, I found this at one of the tables. Take a look."

He handed me a colorful foldable. Opening it, I read.