Chapter 4: Questions and Secrets

Aphmau's POV

---------------------

I slowly turned the key to my house and the door creaked open slowly.

I heard shouts and arguing coming from the living room.

I slipped inside and gently closed the door, snapping the lock shut.

Creeping toward the living room, the garbled words being thrown across the room became more clear.

"I wonder who that Jay guy is?"

"Why is Aphmau being so secretive?"

"You guys should just leave her alone."

"Quiet Travis, we have every right to be suspicious."

"I don't see why. He's just a friend!"

"Suuuuure."

"SHUT UP! Who knows who he is? I don't trust him. Did you see his pirate hook? It looks sharp!"

"Now that, I can agree on."

"Maybe he just wanted a pirate hand?"

"So your saying he WILLINGLY cut off his own hand just for the sake of having a cool hand?"

"Maybe."

"Bro, that's ridonkulous."

I opened the door and saw everyone arguing. Except for a few people.

Kawaii-Chan was trying to give out cookies, but no one was willing to eat them.

Travis was seemingly trying to become one with the couch from the shouting.

Aaron simply stood to the side.

Lucinda was trying to stay out of the argument, but occasionally throwing comments.

I cleared my throat loudly. "Ahem."

Heads turned my way.

"A..Aphmau?" Garroth asked.

"It's me." I snarled, evident anger in my voice.

"Where have you been! You look like you've seen a ghost!" Katelyn commented.

"How much did you hear?" Laurence asked, his voice quivering.

I guess none of them had seen me this angry before. Not even when Zane ate my cupcake during one of our tea parties.

"Most of it."

Deadly silence filled the room.

"Look Aphmau, we were trying to-"

"I know exactly what you were trying to do." 

"Uhh...you do?"

"YES! AND I DON'T LIKE IT!" I roared.

Nearly everyone in the room flinched.

I lowered my voice. "Look. I'm happy you guys are trying to take care of me, but I have my own privacy. And I'm not blind nor deaf. I know you heard me and Jay's conversation."

"But you still didn't answer our questions." Lucinda pointed out.

"I don't have to."

"But we're your friends." Laurence said, still trying to get an answer.

"So?" I said a bit too harshly. "That doesn't mean I have to tell you everything about my personal life!"

I guess my face was really red because Aaron finally spoke up. "Aphmau, how do you and Jay know each other?"