Chapter 9

A/N You guys. I know buses weren't around when he died but let me live. I wanted this to have a more modern take and plus this is my story in which I'm free to expand on the original idea of Jack.

Juliet P.O.V

Well all of us were covered in paint. To be more specific mostly Jack and I, we had a contest. I won, but that's not important. Flare was also covered in paint. I mentally sighed thinking of ways to clean it all out of his feathers. Considering he didn't like baths it was going to be even more difficult to get the paint out. Poor Bunny he didn't even want part of it yet he was covered too. I can safely say we are the worse egg painters EVER.

We all found out it was harder to paint the eggs than it looked. It was hard to catch them with their little feet, and them running around. Truly I think we only painted 1,000 together. Which would have been great if we were doing one state. Luckily most of them painted them selfs. As weird as that sounds it's true, they just walked in lines getting sprayed by paint. If this is what being the Easter Bunny means, give me ears, a tail, fur, and sign me up.

Jack and I took a break to talk. We talked about anything, until my head started hurting.

************************************************************************
Flashback

"Jack stop," I screamed/ laughed. My best friend kept tickling me. "Not until you say it," he replied. I was going to smartly say 'it' but our parents came in. "Jack stop harassing Juliet," his mother scolded. I could hardly hold in my laugh. He sighed in defeat and stopped.

When his mom left he looked at me. "You will say it one day."

I just giggled and left to get ready to go to school. I changed into my school uniform which consisted of a blue blouse, black tie, a black skirt, black knee high socks and black shoes. It could be worse I guess. I pulled my red hair up into a pony tail. My blue eyes sparkled in thought of who would be waiting downstairs. Maybe I would end up with a happily ever after with my best friend.

I heard my parrot, Flare squawk from downstairs. I rushed down just in time to grab toast and run out the door with Jack. We both were panting by the time we made it to the bus stop. Truly we really should be in better shape from pulling pranks and running away. I always felt bad when Jack took all the blame for them. Hey who are you going to think did it a 13 year old girl or 13 year old boy? Exactly.

Almost as if Jack could feel my change in mood he threw his arm over my shoulder. "Will you be okay at school?" He asked gently. I knew he would be thinking that's what was upsetting me. Though we may be best friends and in the same grade, we have totally different classes. It doesn't help that I share all my classes with the queen bee. Did I mention she has the biggest crush on Jack? For that very reason I knew I was going to get bullied today.

I pulled on a smile and tuned to Jack, "I can live without you, you know?" Truthfully I was joking around. I couldn't live a day without him. I would probably kill myself. He was my rock, my shoulder to cry on, partner in crime, and my best friend. I wouldn't change it for the world.

He put his hand to his heart in fake shock, "I'm hurt Juliet!" I just giggled in reply. The bus came down the road stopping at our stop. "Ladies first," Jack bowed mockingly. "Then go," I joked pushing him on the bus. We both squished into a seat.

When we arrived at school we went off on our own. I set off to my first class, World History. Ugh I hate history, its so boring. I only like Greek Mythology. Don't even get me started on Math, when are we ever going to use that crud when we're older. I sighed, I had World History, Math, Band, Art, Lunch, Language Arts, and Science. In that order too. I made my way to World History ready to be completely and utterly bored.

With my sketch book in hand, I was on way to my locker to get my lunch when I was stopped in the hall. April, the queen bee and the wannabes. Her posey pushed me the ground. "Stay away you little animal," April warned.

Then she came up to me punching me right in the nose. I could feel the blood gushing out. She then kicked me in the ribs. I stood up and ran to the girls bathroom. When I opened the door I made sure nobody was in the bathroom before I let the tears fall. I slid to the floor. Stupid April if you act like that nobody will ever want you.

I opened my sketch book shading my drawing of my lone wolf. In the distance was the pack looking at her shamefully. Sometimes I feel like such an outcast.

I heard the door open only to see the brown eyes and hair of my best friend. He came to me sitting down next to me. He pulled me into a hug. "Don't cry, please it hurts me too." I almost started crying harder when he said that. I swear behind that mask of fun and chaos he was a sweet guy.

I remembered I forgot to get my lunch before I ran. As if Jack was reading my mind again he pulled out his lunch. He took out his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I could have started drooling there. Peanut butter and jelly was my weakness. Jack just smiled and split the sandwich in half. Taking my half I chewed it with a smile on my face. After we had finished all his lunch we sat and talked.

We must have been in there the whole day because we heard the dismissal bell ring. We walked out of the bathroom hand in hand before anyone got out of class. Walking together we were stopped by April and her posey.

She glared at our intertwined hands. "Jack really you could do so much better, I mean look at her. She's fat, ugly, and not even developed. Don't you want someone older and more mature than that." Her voice was like poison and full of disgust.

I started to walk away when Jack's hand gripped mine tighter. "I think she's perfect just the way she is. If you can't see that you're blind. I don't care who you are don't talk to her like that. What makes you think I would give up everything with Juliet just to be with you? Stay out of my life and leave her alone." Jack's speech made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if he could hear my heart beating.

He lead us out of the school and on the bus. On the bus we sat in silence. When we got off it was another story. As soon as we made it to his house (where we agreed to do our homework) I asked him what I had been dying to. "Jack did you mean what you said about me?"

I saw the tips of his ears turn red. "Of course I did. Juliet?" He asked slowly. I looked up at him, only letting a hum out. He breathed in deeply, and nervously. "Let's play a game, how about hide and seek." He suggested. That is so not where I thought he was going with that. I nodded and put a smile on my face. I knew I was going to count first because that's how it always worked.

I covered my eyes as started counting. I heard foot steps fade away. When I got to 100 I opened my eyes only to come face to face with Jack holding a sign. Scribbled in his messy handwriting were the words. BE MINE?

I ran into his arms too shocked to speak . I nodded my hand squeezing him tight. "I love you Juliet," he muttered in my hair. "I love you too Jack," I replied. He then started laughing. I started to worry but it wasn't long before he let out his thought. "I told you. I told you that you would say it."

I then remembered this morning when he was tickling me and said he would only stop if I said I loved him.

That night I added another wolf to my drawing. Maybe I wasn't such an outcast....

************************************************************************

I held my head when the flashback was over. By the way Jack was rubbing his I knew he saw it too. When our eyes met his ears turned pink and I'm pretty sure my face was red. I decided to make the first move by pulling him into a hug.

So I guess Jack was part of my past. That doesn't matter, because he's part of my present now.