Chapter 4

Juliet P.O.V

My eyes started to get heavy and closed.

Juliet's Dream

**************************************************************************************************

"Mommy can we meet the new neighbors now?" The mother sighed and sent a small smile in the girls direction. "Sure sweetheart, hold on one minute." You could tell the mother was very sick. She was so pale and skinny. Her red hair had even started to fall out in places. Where the dad was I had no idea. You could tell they weren't very rich. The little girls blue eyes brightened. She took off to the door her red hair flying behind her. She was hopping up and down at the door. The mother then reached in front of her and opened the door. The girl ran to the newly occupied house in the woods. Her small fist reached up and knocked on the door. A few seconds passed before a little boy with brown hair and hazel eyes opened the door. "Juliet, honey don't run so fast!" The little girl turned to look at her mother. "Sorry mommy." Then a voice from the inside of the house said, "Jack, who is at the door?

***************************************************************************************************

Before the dream could finish a knock on the door woke me up. I know that boy because that little girl was me. I had a family before this. All I know is we weren't in Libby Montana. What happened to my mom and the boy?

I sat up and looked around for Flare only to find him curled up next to me. I rubbed my eyes as another knock came. "Who is it?" "Bunny now let me in please sheila." I poked Flare hard enough to wake up. I then opened the door so he could step in the room. As soon as he was in I wrapped my arms around him and started to cry. "I'm sorry you saw that, and I'm sorry I ran away. There is no way you guys want someone who has a fear and runs away from it." He just hugged me tighter. "You're perfect for a guardian, the man on the moon knows you have something special. We just got to find that out before Pitch can. Now to cheer you up how about a visit to the Warren." I looked up and smiled really big. I love all the seasons but all the animals are out during the Spring. He then tapped his foot twice on the ground.

The next thing I know I'm sliding with Flare down a tunnel to the Warren. I just laughed the entire way down. When the tunnel ended Bunny lead me through another. There I saw the most beautiful sight. Trees and flowers all in Easter colors. Eggs were popping out of the flowers, their little feet letting them walk around. Flare started to chase one around the Warren."With it being months away from Easter were're kind of busy." I just looked back and smiled. "I don't care it's beautiful." Beautiful was an understatement, it was like no other place I had ever seen before. It was filled with hope, unlike the workshop witch was filled with wonder. Both were equally amazing. "Want to help paint?" Bunny had two paint brushes in his hand.

I couldn't tell you how long we were in there because neither of us had any idea. I was just to happy in the Warren. Flare got tired after awhile and went back to sleep. We had each painted around 100 eggs before Bunny said we needed to go. I looked around one last time. I picked up Flare and carried him back through the tunnel. I guess this means I have to see them again. "Thanks Bunny for the trip." He just smiled and said, "Don't thank me thank Jack, it was his idea."

****************************************************************************************

Jack P.O.V

After Juliet ran off we left her alone for a bit. I guess she just needed a little time. Even though I've never seen or met her before it feels like I have. The Easter Kangaroo was upset after she left. It's really none of my business but why was she afraid of fire? Maybe it's how she died, but how? I finally came up with an idea. Bunny could take Juliet to the Warren. Being the spirit that connects with animals she should love Spring. "Bunny take her to the Warren. She'll love it I bet." Everyone looked at me. I mean jeez it's like this was my only good idea ever. "Great idea mate, she'll love it," Bunny exclaimed.

My head started to hurt when I saw a flashback.

Jack's Flashback

********************************************************************************************

I was in the new house with my mother. My sister hadn't been born yet. We had just moved to Burgess, in a little house in the woods. Only one other house anywhere near us. We had only moved here yesterday so we hadn't met the neighbors yet. A knock sounded on the door. As I opened it I saw a little girl. She had red hair and blue eyes. Her mom was running behind her. "Juliet, honey don't run so fast!" The little girl turned to look at her mother. "Sorry mommy." Then my mom's voice came from the house, "Jack, who is at the door?"

***********************************************************************************************

I opened my eyes and gasped for air. Everyone looked at me but Tooth gave me a knowing look. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the closest room and shut the door. "What did you see Jack?" She asked it slowly trying to help me clam down. "Juliet, I knew her before we became spirits." Tooth just looked at me her eyes widening. "The only way to know for sure is to find her teeth."