Chapter 1

A/N So sorry for not putting how Flare's sneeze sounds. When you know what noise a phoenix makes when it sneezes come tell me.

Juliet P.O.V

"Flare your tail is showing, I can see you." My phoenix and I were playing hide and seek, childish I know. Flare came out from behind the bush glaring at his tail. I giggled as he flew in circles chasing it. This bird will be the death of me. After he was done he flew up to the curve of my staff and sat down.

It's nice to have someone with you in this world. At least somebody knows I'm real. He nuzzled my head seeing my sadness. The sweet moment was cut short when Flare flew up in the sky. I ran away and ducked while waiting for the sneeze. When Flare sneezes he catches on fire and burns everything around him. I learned my lesson years ago to get out of the way.

Once heard him sneeze I ran towards the noise. When I got to him he was curled on a burnt bed of grass, smoke coming from the nostrils on his beak. I picked him up and carried him to our special place. I was attracted to it after the moon spoke to me. I know I have a past I just can't remember it. I guess the clearing is where I died. It took about three minutes to get to the clearing in the woods. I set him down and ran back to get my staff.

When I got back it was gone. I frantically searched around for it. I mean how hard is it to find a leopard print staff. "Looking for this?" I heard someone ask from above me in the tree. I looked up into the tree and saw Jack Frost holding my staff. "Flare!" I called out, hoping to wake up my fire friend. Luckily he was by my side in seconds, might I add on fire. He flew up to Jack squawking and tugging on my staff.

"Nope I don't think so, boys!" I didn't have time to match the voice to a person, because I was shoved in a sack. A couple seconds later Flare was thrown in with me. I felt us go through something that made my stomach turn. A portal maybe? The sack was thrown on the floor. There was a little hole to get out.

When I get out of here the kidnappers better be ready for a beat down. You can kidnap me but nobody touches my phoenix!