A Little Chat (Jay x Reader)

You are laying in your room playing on your phone and updating your newest fanfictions. You know that you aren't going to be going anywhere today, so you are just wearing some old lounge clothes, an old crop top and a pair of old shorts that are way too small to wear in public. You are in the middle of a good part in your fanfic when you hear a soft knock on the door.

"May I come in?" the person asks shyly.

"I'm not in the correct attire." You respond.

"Can I come back later?" The person asks, almost pestering you.

"Sure." You say.

You continue writing your fanfiction, and pretend the person was never there. Once you remember that they would be coming back, you scramble into some casual clothes, and remember to put on a bra this time. You wait patiently for the person to return while playing a time consuming game. You are eager to find out why they wanted to talk to you so badly. A few minutes later, the person returns, and this time, you were definitely letting them in.

"Oh, it's just you Jay." You say flatly.

"What do you mean, 'just me'?" Jay asks, sounding offended.

"I was expecting someone else." You say truthfully.

You know that you were expecting Lloyd or Kai, but it was nice to get a visit from Jay every so often.

"It's okay. I like talking to you anyway." You say cheerfully.

"May I sit down?" Jay asks politely.

"Make yourself at home." You say in a welcoming tone.

Jay sits down at the end of your bed and looks at you, creating an awkward silence.

"May I talk to you about something personal? Nobody else really listens to my problems." He asks softly, finally breaking the silence.

"Sure, anything for a friend." You say with a smile.

Jay shifts into a comfortable position, and you then know that this was going to be a long chat.

"I wanted to talk to you about Nya and-" Jay starts to say.

You know that Jay can be kinda shy when he talks about girls, so you give him some time.

"-and that I can't talk to her without freezing up and looking stupid." He continues, blushing.

"Well, you can practice on me. Pretend that I'm Nya." You say.

"Okay." He says. Then, he takes a deep breath, and tries to pull himself together.

"I was wondering if y-you wanted to-" Jay started to say before he completely froze up, blushing uncontrollably.

Why was he freezing up? He only froze up when he talked to girls he liked! Wait a minute...

"What happened?" You ask.

"I...I Can't do it." He says, all the confidence drained out of him.

"That's what I'm here for, to help you with your problems." You say in a comforting tone.

You put a hand on Jay's shoulder and give him a reassuring pat on the back. Then, Jay looks you straight in your eyes.

"Y/N, I like you." Jay says shyly, suddenly looking away.

You look at Jay, completely dumbfounded, and you just sit there staring at him with that 'seriously? You gotta be kidding me right now' look on your face.

"But-I thought you loved Nya." You say.

Jay puts his hands on your waist and gets real close to your face, then he softly brushes his lips against yours.

"Your lips taste like honey." Jay says sweetly.

You lean in and kiss Jay again. You loved the way he kissed you, and you wanted him to kiss you forever and ever. Nya was a lucky girl, to have a guy like him, and you wished that he was yours instead. You had to admit, you did love Jay more than you once thought you did. Who knew that a little chat could turn into this beautiful moment, and that a new relationship would blossom between the two of you.