Chapter 1

Hello, this is Angie. Anyway all I wanted to say is that this story is a fandom based on a book I read and loved.
Disclaimer! I do not own any of these characters. All rights go to Rick Riordan.

P.S. This is not my regular language so I'm so sorry for any mistakes this story might have. Enjoy!

************

Annabeth's POV

I tried to contain my grunt as my haid-maid tightened the corset constricting my waist. It was already practically suffocating me, but I didn't complain. I'm Annabeth Chase, daughter of merchant Frederick Chase and his genius wife Athena Chase. I was the fiancée of Luke Castellan (Did I spell that right?), the heir to the richest man in the village, and I was brought up to be the perfect lady.

'Sorry sweetie.' The maid, Cara, apologized.

I simply smiled at her in the mirror. Mom had taught me to be polite to everyone, even those beneath. Dad didn't exactly appreciate that, but he could never win an argument with Athena.

I walked back down to the stairs to the waiting carriage. It was your typical rich-man kind, drawn by two beautiful horses. I reached out to pat the one closest to me, but a stern look from my father made me veer away. A guard held his out hand to help me into the carriage, and I took it. Athena and her maid were already in the car, and Frederick came after me.

As soon as the door closed, the horses started pulling us out of the estate.

'Remember, Annabeth, this is your big to really impress Luke.' Dad said.

I nodded. 'Yes Father.'

Athena sneakily flashed a grin, and I returned it.

A deep sense of dread was building inside of me. Luke Castellan was handsome, sure, but I didn't love him. I was only twenty, but by Dad's standards, I should have been promised in marriage by sixteen. And the worst thing was that Luke didn't love me either. He was only in it for my looks. But then again, that makes me a hypocrite because I'm only in it for the money, well Dad is anyway.

I lost track of time, looking at the passing village through the window. After maybe two hours, we entered the woods that separated the sea-profiting villagers from the land-profiting ones.

The woods are beautiful, if you can get over the darkness and strange sounds. I found myself drifting off to sleep when there was a thud on the roof. I froze, and my parents did the same.

The carriage came to stop, and burly man with his face covered my a balaclava opened the door. 'Get out.' He ordered, his rough muffled by the cloth.

He pointed a sword at Mom when no one obeyed him, and that made us move. Dad went, then my brothers and I, then Mom.

More men filed out of the trees, all wearing balaclavas, all armed with swords. 'On your knees.'

I hurriedly did what he told me. Dad was the last one on his knees.

I bowed my, head trying to make him see that I'd surrendered.

The next moment, there was a flaring pain in the back of my head, and a bright light flashed behind my eyes, and the last thing I saw before I blacked out, was the ground, rushing up to met me as I fell forward.