chapter 42

Some things weren't meant to happen.

"Just like that good-for-nothing spoilt brat!" Nandini cursed, her eyes gleaming with anger as she stared at the screen of her phone.

Thanks to Alya, now her stress is back. And now, she cannot celebrate her father's birthday in peace.

"Varun, you useless piece of shit." She mutters within her breath, jaw clenching tightly in just a mere thought of that guy who is enjoying his freedom given by her in Sydney, under the bed of Crores that she spend on the fellow.

Manik don't know about it. She recalls sighing tiredly. If he doesn't, he shouldn't. Because if he gets to know now that she had send that drug addict far away from here without letting him know, once again, then she's gonna loose his trust completely this time.

"Shit, what do I do?" She murmurs to herself, her nails reflexively reaching her teeth, as she bites on them in anxiety.

"Kanna!"

Rishi's shout pulls her out of thoughts by a spasm. Holding her head at once, she takes a deep breath before plastering a robotic smile and preparing to go back.

"Sooo, I called Alya. Yup, she's coming. Woohoo!" Nandini rejoices unnaturally, cheering up in an unusual manner which makes the others surrounding the hall cringe inadvertently.

"What's up with you? Have you taken a doze of LSD or what?" Dhruv asks, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, I'm as phenomenal as I can be, Dhruv. Um, Appa? I'll be in my room yeah? It's an important business call. Um, I--I'll be back."

Saying so, she ran upstairs in a hurry, and watching her, Rishi's brows were twitched lightly, furrows spreading over his forehead.

"Did Alya haunted her or what?" Rishi asked.

Nandini crosses through Manik's way, ignoring him like he didn't existed in her way, making him frown softly.

Inside her room,

Dialling Varun's number a dozen of times, she finally threw her phone on the bed with fuming annoyance.

"Goddamnit this guy! He is not going to let me live in peace even after his departure!"

She wants to slap herself. Why was she being so benevolent to him after all? For the first time in her life, she decided to do some good by giving someone s second chance for life, and now that deed is backfiring on her with opposite affects.

Alya is going to check on Varun for sure. She is going to provide him with Allen's Father's property, and for that she is going to find out the location of his imprisonment. And then, they are all going to find out that Varun is not in jail. That he has escaped. And because of whom?

"The Great Nandini Murthy!" She announced to the empty room. Chuckling lightly on her stupidity.  "Oh, what a bitch I am." She wants to laugh and giggle sardonically on her deeds.

One time, One damn time she decided to do something good and...

Manik.

No. She can't afford to lose him again. Manik. Manik will find out. He is going to find out. And he will lose faith on her. Then he will leave her. What is she going to do then.

Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. She chants to herself. Closing her eyes with a tightness so rigid she wishes she could disappear from here.

But when she opened them again, there was him, just right in front of her. His eyes melting in the flow of worries as he approached her.