chapter 31

Nandini's Pov:

I clutched my heart anxiously, digging my fingers over the fabric of my chest, watching those two creatures sharing an exquisite moment in front of my eyes, and my teeth gritted so ferociously I bet I was about to bleed through my tongue.

Her nails were dipping over his shoulder under his shirt, and I felt this evangelical zeal to pull that damn hand back, unclasp her grip onto him that she held like her damn possession, and throw away her presence far away from his.

Manik was rubbing the tears on Tara's cheeks, and Tara held his face in return, stroking as lightly as possible on his cheek and even though it was a common example of sympathy for the world,  my veins still popped in agonizing anger and I breathed slowly to consume it all inside me. It wasn't even something to complain about, I could completely see he was just trying to be nice and polite as he let her fingers linger over his face, but I could witness the seed of interest that was growing under her eyes for him, and that bothers me.

"Is this fine if I do this? your cheeks are hurt." She whispered, staring at him softly. Strocking the scar on his cheek that he got from Varun's knife while chasing him.

He was unsure, hesitant and I could bet nervousness was about to engulf him as his trauma was about to trigger his stimuli when he decided to be brave in front of others.

He glanced at me from the corner of his eyes discovering the burn of jealousy under my sharp gaze, and to lighten this fire at the next level, he went on with, "um..yeah, it's okay. Your hands are soft too." 

and that made me calculate all the weird comparisons between her and my hands.

My hands are brutally rough, they became so due to the immense quantum of sweat extracting constantly out of my palms throughout my life. The tip of my fingers are wrinkly as if they lived in water for so long, and they surely doesn't feel pleasant and comfortable against something soft like his cheeks.

I am flabbergasted at how he never complained to me about it.

I wanted to commit all those crimes that floated across my mind, I wanted to strangle her for staying so close to him and I wanted to scream like a mad woman at him that you shouldn't be with her, that she shouldn't clutch at you like that, you shouldn't be comfortable under her touch and you shouldn't feel the rightness to touch her either, else than me.

I wanted to yell at the whole world clasping on my hairs in madness to stay the fuck away from him.

Even after not possessing any right I wanted on him,

The mere thought of him being with someone else extinguishes the peace of my existence.

"You are the one who wanted to set him free from the past, now you're the one getting bothered when he's finally meeting new people and overcoming his phases." There was Mom's voice which came from behind as she approached my place and sat beside me, witnessing their stupid bonding along as we together studied the view in front of us.

"I am selfish, mom. Maybe I never wanted him to be free from me." I whispered, blurting in a trance as I suspect that his surmount was a signal of his moving on from my life. 

"Do you love him?"

There was a gigantic disturbance inside my calm mind when I heard that word. Something as fake and spoken as commonly as possible in today's era shouldn't be shaking the cores of my nerves, and I hated how I visibly trembled when mom mentioned the question.

"Love?" I chuckled, unbelievably, "people randomly stick that word all the time at each other." I spread a knowing smile on my face directed exclusively at Mom, believing with a sense of passion that I am right about everything I say, "You can't see it, you can't hear it, where is this love?"