chapter 39

Nandini hadn't been so agitated before in her life. Patience was the key to her success and she believed to apply the word in any situation possible. She knows how to manipulate her own mind, something that people hardly can control.

However, she failed in case of the heart.

This realisation reached her slowly as she violently kept ticking her phone with uncontrollable fingers, looking at the screen like a lifeline she just lost.

And thoughts of 'what ifs' started to revolve her mind. What if our conversation had continued? What if he had forgiven me ten minutes ago? How beautiful my life would have begun, she pondered, wanting to scratch herself in fury.

Something about this man doesn't let her stop trying. And she wonders, how fortunate would I be, if from all the heart, body and soul, he could be mine?

"Tell me, do you like it this way?"

A faint commotion audible from the nearby room broke her chain of thoughts. Nandini rolled her eyes first, picturing a subordinate trying to outshine another subordinate, the mutual skirmish that happens daily in this office...and then her eyes blinked spontaneously.

This isn't a regular day. The Company was locked. Who dared to enter the premises this time?

Ruptured by the warning, she ran towards the source of mocking voices.

And just four quarters away, there was a cubicle in their office which was dimly lit. 

Nandini held a nearby screw from the desk, just in case if the voice might be of someone trying to rob the premises again.

But as soon as she reached towards the enlightened cubicle, the screw fell off smoothly from her grip and her face converted into something haunted.

It was Dhruv, pressed harshly by a man against the wall. He was manhandling him, hinted by his firm grip on Dhruv's waist and shoulders, how he was pinned dangerously rough against to the coldly hard wall.

"Tell me, Faggot, do you like this? You like guys pinning you down like a twink?" The man smiled sardonically, the venomous mock clearly visible in his voice as he whispered close to Dhruv's ear.

"Fuck off." Dhruv spat, closing his eyes in pain and pure disgust as he tried to create a distance, failing miserably due to the tall, muscled man's power.

"Com'ooon, you Queer. Tell me, how does it feel to get jacked off by guys?" Chuckling, his hand was holding Dhruv's tie loosely.

"I said get the fuck away from me!" Roaring at his face, Dhruv glared him ferociously, but in return he received a strong, burning slap on his cheek.

"Big words don't suit a pussy like you." The man whispered dangerously, a pleasure erupting in his eyes watching Dhruv's cheek turning pink in aching burn, blood tearing out from the bottom of his lip. "Let me get that." He husked looking at his lip.

However, he never accomplished as a hard screw hit pointedly on his head, making him wince and get away immediately from Dhruv.

"It's better if you get a hearing machine, Arjun. He clearly said to get away." 

Before coming out of the traumatising moment, Dhruv faced a facaded Nandini standing at the end of Cubicle, glaring at Arjun's disheaveled figure on the floor. And he was pretty sure that she was the one who did this persistently idiotic act to throw a screw a goddamn screw at a huge, powerful man.

"You want me to fire you or what?" Nandini warned Arjun, walking towards his way and bending down to his length, in the same mocking manner.

"I wasn't doing something worth of firing me out. Ask him. he liked it." Arjun huffed from the buzzing pain in his head, as blood oozed out quickly from it. He looked towards Dhruv while glaring at him.