Chapter One: Reminiscing

The rest of the day was unusually silent, and I could feel the tension between me and Chris. He was obviously avoiding me, and whenever I attempted to talk to him he would always make an excuse to leave the room. It annoyed me a little, but I decided he needed some time to himself.

Later that night when I finally went up to bed, Chris was already there, his back facing me. I sat on the bed and stared at him, but he pretended like he hadn't noticed me. I sighed and he opened his eyes, staring blankly at the wall.

"Chris." I said softly.

"What?" he asked, not seeming in the mood to talk. I didn't care, we needed to talk right now no matter how much he didn't want to. I laid down next to him and he took a deep breath before he turned around and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry." he mumbled before I could say anything.

"It's okay." I replied, knowing he was apologizing for ignoring me. He ducked his head down and kissed me softly, his hands trailing over the bare skin at my waist.

"I got angry today because I was afraid," Chris whispered when he pulled away. I looked into his eyes, feeeling confused.

"Afraid? Of who? Amy?" I asked, not understanding. Chris shook his head, and I felt his thumb gently brushing over my lower lip before he kissed me again, even softer this time.

"No. I was afraid of losing you...I thought Amy was going to tell you everything about my past a-and I just didn't want you to hear all that. Especially coming from her," he said, continuing to whisper. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, resting my head against his chest.

"Chris, I've told you before that your past won't affect my feelings for you. You're a better person now, and besides, I understand that there are some things you'd rather keep to yourself," I said in a reassuring tone. Even though I was telling him it was perfectly okay and I wasn't worried about it, I still felt an undeniable flicker of jealousy inside. Amy knew everything about his past, and I didn't. When he had kidnapped Amy, he had apparently confided in her and told her everything. But now that I thought about it, I realized that he had never told me anything about his past, only some vague details. Chris was someone who liked to live in the present, and I would've been fine with that if Amy hadn't decided to show up and ruin everything.

"You don't mean that," Chris said in a shaky voice, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What do you mean?" I asked innocently, staring into his dark brown eyes that were filled with pain.

"You don't mean everything you just said to me. I can tell that what Amy said today bothered you. And I want you to know that she's a deceiving liar. She never did anything for me-"

"You loved her." I interrupted, blushing as soon as I said it. I had told him the past was in the past and it didn't matter anymore, but then here I was accusing him of being in love with Amy before I had even came into the picture. Chris took a deep breath.

"Yes. But I told you before, I've never loved anyone like I love you," Chris admitted, tucking my hair behind my ear as I stroked his chest gently.

"I know. I don't know why I said that, I was being stupid." I said, blushing hard. I heard his soft chuckle as he tilted my chin up.

"You were being jealous," he corrected, smiling his perfect smile. I returned the smile, about to kiss him, but then I realized he still looked worried.

Destiny (Sequel to Captured)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें