Chapter 11: Catch Me While I Drown

♡ Macy Morgan ♡

     Tuesday came in a blink of an eye and Meagan and I were prepping ourselves for the yacht party.

     "Are you ready yet?" I asked Meagan, who was sitting at my vanity desk putting final touches to her make up. I was way done before her but she insisted that a first "couple impression" must be good.

"Almost there..." She mumbled, putting on a cherry red lipstick. "Done!"

She jumped up from the floral printed seat and walked to the full length mirror in front of my walk-in closet. "Hey Mace, could you help me with the zipper? A piece of hair got stuck when I tried to do it."

"Just when I thought you couldn't get clumsier," I sighed and shook my head in fake disappointment.

"Just help me with it!" She whined and pouted her lower lip. I went over to her and zipped up her dress from the back. Then I looked at the mirror. Meagan wore a color-blocked sharp red mini dress that fitted her to the curves, paired with nude pumps. Her make up had more of a smokey feel and she had her hair curled and swept all to one side.

My outfit, on the other hand, was a little less dramatic, with a spaghetti-strapped floral lace dress that shirred at the waist and had a V-neckline. I matched it with a black leather jacket, studded clutch and beige ankle boots. I tried to have as minimal make up as possible, going more on the natural side.

"We. Look. Amazing." Meagan said as she stroke a pose for every word.

"More importantly, you look gorgeous. You'll need to sweep Spencer off his feet anyway." I offered a warm smile. I wasn't at all excited for this party, in fact you could say I was in a way dreading it. But as the party drew nearer, the feeling of anticipation and exhilaration grew.

"Is Spencer going to meet us at the dock?"

"Nah, he said he'll arrive first. To make the announcement have more 'Omph'."

I nodded - only half listening, due constantly turning and checking my outfit for the last time.

"Let's go then," Meagan turned to me sharply, giving me her best seductive face. "We've got boys to woo."

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~

We arrived at Lucille's yacht when the party was already at full swing. Her family's yacht had an island design, with palm trees and tropical plants decorating the perimeter of the yacht's deck.

The music was blaring and there were empty beer bottles scattered all across the deck. There were clusters of drunkies walking around, bumping into things, couples sat around making out, people dancing, girls in bikinis and guys in trunks.

You'd expect a yacht party to be cool and breezy, but not this one. The air was hot and sticky and the fact that people kept rubbing and pushing against me didn't help at all.

Meagan and I disbanded as she went to find Spencer so I made my way to the bar. I took a seat and scanned the crowd for any sign of Meagan. She and Spencer were near the pool talking to a bunch of people.

By the way Meagan was clutching on to Spencer's shirt and the way his arm was around her waist, I knew they already told the group about their "newfound love".

God. Even the thought made me gag. The sight of them being so touchy with each other sent a sickening feeling to my stomach. All of a sudden, Spencer placed a kiss on Meagan's forehead and I watched as she giggled and hugged him tighter. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets at that moment. My hands subconsciously clenched into fists and I gritted my teeth.