Chapter 4: And So We Meet Again

♡ Macy Morgan ♡ 

     The week flew by and I found myself greeted with Saturday again. Now normally, I would be spending the weekend at my house or Meagan's, but this week she got stuck up at home with her family because her cousin from London came to visit.

     Apparently, her cousin is seventeen, had caramel brown hair, blue eyes and has a tall, shapely body frame. Ooh la la (note the extreme enthusiasm that I withhold).

     Meagan always boasted about her super gorgeous (model-like; as she described) cousin from London with a British accent. I faintly remembering her saying something about playing match maker or something.

     So since Meagan was preoccupied with her family/hot cousin activities, I decided to do some shopping for the new term at school. Clothes, shoes, bags, makeup, nail polish, maybe the occasional books, you name it. I was planning to get them all.

     A girl needs a shopping day once in awhile. I like to think of it as a way of relieving stress. What? I swear it works.

     I went into numerous shops, some with brand reputation some not so much. As I dragged my hand across the racks and racks of tops at Forever21, one top caught my eye and I stopped my hand. It was a beige self-tie crochet top with lace detailing on the straps of the shoulders.

     Finding the right top was like solving a math equation. The answer matches the question and the question matches the answer. It was the same for this top. I'm sure that's not the best analogy out there, but it works. It had fitted me perfectly, soft and flowy, simple yet chic. Immediately I power walked to the counter and payed for my purchase, adding the cute top to the countless amounts of shopping bags I was already carrying.

     I then walked out of the store with a goofy grin on my face, much like a child on christmas day. I practically skipped my way to Starbucks and sat down for a chocolate frappuccino. I always got a frappuccino when I'm at Starbucks as I hated coffee and the stuff never seemed to work on me.

     Heaving a sigh, I looked down at all my purchases for the day. I had eleven bags total, each filled with three or more products. When I go shopping, it's like a game of Dominos. It's kind of an obsession. But I can, and do control myself, thanks to my mom who always taught me about self control and knowing which things are wants, and what are needs.

     I finished my chocolate frappe, gathered all my belongings, and called my driver to meet me at the mall's drop off place when a tall person bumped into me, causing me to release my hold on all my precious babies.

     "Sorry!" The guy quickly said apologetically.

     I looked at the guy who bumped against me and I was taken a little aback. It was Adrian Jenner. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against this guy but I was majorly curious as to why he was at the female section of the mall and not in the male section.

     Adrian muttered, "Huh, I knew you were one of those girls..."

     "Excuse me?" I asked, confused.

     "You know, I kinda guessed that you were those kind of girls that go shopping all the time and spends all their money on clothes and girly useless stuff."

     A blank expression hung on my face as I stared at him.

     Is this guy serious?

     Okay, not only was he mocking the hobby that I'm sure most girls have, he didn't even follow up with a "I'm joking". One, I didn't spend all my money, in fact I happen to use my money in a very financial way and have a lot of money in my bank account. Two, just because it's girly stuff doesn't mean its useless. Are clothes useless? And three, what was he doing in a shopping mall if he wasn't here to shop for useless things, huh?