t w e n t y

Me and Kian were just relaxing, and I was falling asleep on his shoulder. We were watching Avengers, and I didn't even notice I fell asleep.

Beep Beep

I instantly woke up, and I saw that my phone was ringing. It was Alexia's number. I picked quickly.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hello, is this Ariel?" A male voice said.

"Yes, this is Ariel.." I started getting nervous.

I stood up and went outside, Kian looked at me walk out to the backyard and he watched me. I stared to pace when I was on the phone.

"Ms. Ariel, we have some bad news for you. Your friend got in a crash. She's is now being taken to the hospital on forty-seventh avenue." He said calmly.

At that moment, my knees fell to the ground. Tears were pouring out of my eyes. I put my hand over my mouth so I wouldn't make a scene.

"Ms. Ariel, she is in stable condition. She is asking for you to come see her." The male said, you can hear Alexia asking for the phone.

"Can I please s-speak to her?" I asked shakily.

I heard the sliding door open, and Kian ran to my side. And he held my hand.

"What's wrong?" He mouthed.

I held my hand, and I heard Alexia's voice. I gasped, her voice was so raspy, it scares me.

"Ariel?" She was on the verge of tears.

"Oh, Alex.. How are you feeling?" I said trying not to cry.

"They said I have three broken ribs, and Jc..." She said sobbing.

"Oh god, what happened to him?" I said, not yelling, but I was frantic.

"They said he was lucky not to have a cracked back, but he hit his head against the wheel. And, he's awake now. But, he broke his nose and he fractured his ankle." She said calming down, her breaths were heavy, but slow.

"Oh thank god." I said breathlessly.

"I'm going to the hospital now. Are your parents coming?" I said drying my tears.

"Yeah, Mommy is coming. So is dad." She said. I could already tell she had a smile in her face.

She loves her parents so much, and her parents are so sweet. They even think of me as their own kid, because if how often me and Alexia are together.

"Okay, I'll see you soon. I love you, be safe." I said sniffling.

"Love you too. Bye." She said.

I hung up, and I looked to Kian, I cried.. My thoughts were going crazy. Out of all things, and all freaking people.. It had to be my best friend.

"What happened?" Kian said to me, he dried my falling tears.

"They-they got into a c-crash.." I said hugging him and crying into his shoulder.

"Let's go now." He picked me up and ran to the car.

---

We drove faster than the speed limit told us to, the car ride was short, but silent. I was looking out the window not even bothering to hold Kian's hand when he put his hand on my leg.

Kian was muttering to himself, I knew he was worried about Jc. So was I. He was like my older brother, if anything would happen to him. I would be depressed.

The car came to a rushing halt, and I quickly unbuckled myself, and Kian ran inside with me.

"Hi! Yeah, um- I'm looking for Alexia Reyes?" I said, to loudly.

"Ariel?" I heard a familiar voice.

I spun around to see Alexias mom, Cassandra. I ran to her, and she engulfed me in a tight hug.

"I hope she's okay.. I'm so scared." I said between sobs.

"I know sweetheart. She's going to be just fine. Don't worry. Calm down." She said stroking my hair, and just hugging me more and more.

"Mrs. Reyes?" A doctor came out with his papers and looking around.

"Yes?" She said letting go of me, but only holding my arm.

"She's ready to see you now." The doctor smiled weakly.

I was the first one in the room, I saw Alexia lying there. So still. Parts of her face were bruised, and her arms were also bruised. Kian and Alexia's mom came in the room, and her mother broke into tears. She was touching Alexia's face softly.

"Alexia? Hunny? It's mommy, Ariel is also here." She said pulling out a chair and still stroking Alexia's forehead.

"Mommy?" Alexia whispered.

"Hi baby." Cassandra and me had tears coming down our face, and we smiled as she woke up.

"Ariel?" She turned to look at me and I held her hand.

"Yeah it's me. I'm here, I'm here." I said rubbing her hand.

She pointed to the curtain behind me, and I pulled it. I saw Jc there, his nose was badly bruised, and his leg had somewhat of a cast.

"Jc?!" I gasped.

Kian quickly went to Jc and looked like crying, but he didn't. He was just scared.

"Jc..?" Kian said quietly.

No response.

"Jay Jay?" I said grabbing his hand. I held it, but he looked so fragile.

Still no response.

"Jc." Kian said. This time it was a command.

"Jay.." I said stroking his head.

"mm.." He groaned.

"Oh Jc!" I hugged him tightly.

"Where's Alexia?!" He tried to sit up, but he failed.

"She's fine." I said smiling.

"Hey man." Kian said man hugging Jc.

"Hey, you came." Jc light up with glee, he's always his happy to see Kian.

"You scared me." Kian said breathing heavily.

"Sorry." Jc said grinning weakly.

I walked out of the room, and headed straight for the bathroom. I sat on the floor, and I felt tears heading down my face.

I don't know even know why I was crying. I guess it's just natural to feel happy and sad at the same time. I smiled to myself, it was odd that someone like me can have such a weird life.

I got up from the cold bathroom floor, and walked out. But, I stopped in the middle of the hallway. I was scared to open the door, and I was happy that my best friends were okay.

Sometimes, you just have to open the door. Even if it's good, or bad.

---

OOHH! HOW WAS THAT FOR A MOTHER CLUCKING CHAPTER

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

hope you enjoyed my little potatoes :)

your favorite writer

-ariel