"Thanks," my voice was hoarse and raspy. It sounded like I had spent my entire life screaming as loud as I could.

"Thank you Luke, you may go." Logan dismissed the kind Doctor.

The pack was formal. There was a set of rules and each rule was followed by every single pack member no matter their age or rank. Logan being the son of the current Alpha was treated with respect as people bowed their heads to him. The pack was polite and caring, every member that I had met when they came into the hospital ward would smile politely and introduce themselves. It was refreshing to be treated so nicely, it made me feel normal.

I watched as Doctor Luke left the room with the clipboard in his hands. I slowly slid off the bed so that I was standing and I reached high above me and stretched. I had begun to walk around the hospital room and pack house for short periods of time during the day with someone by my side. I was beginning to get sick of being indoors and I wanted to go outside and smell the fresh air.

"You know that Luke said you should be resting." Logan informed me as I looked over my shoulder to see that he was giving me a pointed look. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as I continued to walk around the hospital ward aimlessly. I had showered and changed in the bathroom attached the room before Luke had visited as all I had been in before was Logan's T-shirt.

"Esme," Logan growled my name softly as I turned around so that I was facing him head on. I stared directly into his chocolate brown eyes that seemed to be focused completely on me.

The sound of the door opening caught both of our attention as I slowly peeled my eyes away from Logan and looked to see who had come in. Oliver and Jason walked through the door with an air of confidence surrounding them as they grinned at the situation that they had caught me and Logan in. I was pleased to see the twins as I was sure that I would have been bored all day without their regular visit.

"Hey Esme," Oliver greeted me with a bright smile on his face.

Logan growled softly at his younger brother's friendliness as he began to stalk his way towards me. I began to slowly back up and away from Logan who was radiating anger and jealousy.

"Oh, mates," Jason sighed dramatically as he clasped his hands together and brought them up to his chest, directly over his heart while he smiled at both me and Logan.

I had learned that Oliver was the more reserved twin. He was nice and friendly but he would match his brother's insults and witty banter. Jason was the more playfully one of the two, he was more confident and enjoyed winding his brothers up whenever he got the chance.

I would never have known that I was in a house full of werewolves if I hadn't of seen Logan shift right in front of my eyes. The few werewolves that I met were civilised, well-mannered and they looked like the average human. I wouldn't have known that they were different if I hadn't been told. I had lived with a werewolf for the past seventeen years and I had never known that he had the ability to turn into a giant wolf at will. It was comforting to know that they weren't completely controlled by their inner animals.

Logan reached my side as he stood a little too close for comfort. He had tried to stop himself from touching me so that I could get used to his presence and the fact that he wouldn't hurt me. I could see his hand twitch from the corner of my eye and I knew that he was having a hard time stopping himself from wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me toward him. I appreciated every effort that Logan put into making me feel comfortable as I couldn't imagine how hard it was for him to have to constantly restrain himself and his wolf.

"What do you want?" Logan asked his brothers. His tone expressed how irritated he was at his brothers' presence. I was curious as to why the twins had suddenly made an appearance, it was early morning and from what I knew the twins didn't like to get up any earlier than noon.