Chapter 2

AN: I know it's not Wednesday but my internet last night was just not having it so here we are with an update! The picture above is one of the new characters I'm introducing this chapter, Jacques Rousseau. As always I hope you enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think!

 As always I hope you enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think!

Applause filled the room once she was finished. Lizzie curtsied and thanked her pianist. She made her way over towards her friends and thanked them for coming. They all greeted her with compliments on how she did and how they wouldn't miss it for anything since they were helping out a friend. Grantaire however kept staring at her and said nothing while the others spoke.

Lizzie turned towards him and arched her eyebrow. "Well, are you going to say anything?"

"You're Isabelle..." He trailed off, still in shock.

Lizzie laughed. "Yeah I was. I won't be doing that anymore so for old times' sake will you have this first dance with me?"

Grantaire could only nod before they walked out onto the dance floor together. Everyone watched the pair, different levels of curiosity on their faces. "Marius do you know about this?" Courfeyrac finally asked.

"Well, Isabelle was her stage name. She used to sing in the taverns around the city before grandfather forced everything on her. She said she always danced with this one gentleman at the Musain but I didn't realize that it was Grantaire," Marius replied.

The other two boys nodded as they watched Grantaire and Lizzie move across the floor.

"So does this mean you no longer be at the Musain?" Grantaire asked after a few moments of silence. "You know this feels weird with you not singing and me not drunk." He then commented which caused Lizzie to laugh.

"Yeah it does seem a bit weird doesn't," She replied. "And yes, this means that I no longer will be at the Musain performing. I'll still always be spending time with you all. You can't get rid of me that easy," She smiled.

Grantaire returned her smile with one of his own. "Good. You bring something different and wonderful to our group of merry men."

Before Lizzie could reply a man tapped Grantaire on the shoulder. "Excuse me but may I step in?" A man with dark hair and blue eyes asked. He had long side burns and a slight smirk on his face like he was trying to be charming. He was dressed sharply in green and Lizzie hated to admit that he was good looking.

Lizzie reluctantly nodded and transferred from Grantaire's arms to this mystery man's after Grantaire bowed and kissed her hand in a silent farewell. The man in green took Grantaire's place and began to lead her in the new dance. Lizzie silently cursed at how he also seemed to be a good dancer.

"Your voice is as beautiful as you are mademoiselle." He commented causing Lizzie to laugh.

"Flattery will get you nowhere with me, monsieur. How about you tell me your name and why you're here?"