Chapter 1: First Impressions

Start from the beginning

I shook my head at him. "I heard there are going to be football try-outs next week on Monday. Who knows? You might get that running-back position again." My brother was incredibly good at football. He's a running-back, and being the stubborn person he is, he won't accept any other position on the team besides that. If Alex wants it, then Alex gets it. In a way, I'm also like that.

"I know, of course I'm going to go. I'll give that team something to look at when I get that running-back spot," he said.

Serena asked, "You play football? Running-back to be specific?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Well, you're in luck because a running-back position just opened up. The senior from last year left for college. My cousin is on the team, and I'm sure that I can give a good word in for you."

"That'd be awesome! Thanks," he replied with a hundred-watt smile that only Alex could display. And the smile he gave her was one of those reserved for flirting.

Great, I'm going to be third-wheeling in my own room.

Of course, Serena swooned, and they continued to flirt with each other. The thing was that they didn't exactly know they were flirting with one another. There was that voice in their heads telling them that there were no reciprocated feelings, and they listened to it. I swear, they could be so dense sometimes.

While I watched their playful conversation, I could definitely tell that there were some sparks between the two of them. As I thought more about it, I came to the conclusion that yes, I will try to set them up later.

Serena & Alex. Alex & Serena. If you asked me, it kind of had a nice ring to it.

I'm pretty sure that they forgot I was there until I spoke up, "Well, I'm just going to go now. I got to get a head start on my classes. See you guys later!"

I left to first period, starting my first day, and setting off into the halls of Blake Prep. Little did I know that my day was going to leave me embarrassed.

•••

I entered first period 10 minutes before the bell rang. Our teacher was already in there, so I went up to her to introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Azalia. I'm new here, and I just wanted to introduce myself."

"Well nice to meet you. I'm Ms. Akemi, and I will be your AP Calculus teacher this year. I have a seating chart and you are going to be right over here." She motioned to a table in the middle of the room. "So far, you're the only girl here that actually looks normal. The other ones have their skirts to high and shirts too tight and low. They honestly disturb me."

Ms. Akemi was a short Asian lady. She looked about 22, which was in my opinion, really young for a teacher. I laughed at her comment and said, "Ms. Akemi, I can tell that we are going to get along."

The bell rung and students started piling into the room. The tables were made for two at each table. And after everyone was seated, I was the only one left without a partner. I guess my partner was too cool to show up, obviously thinking that the first day of school was too lame.

Ms. Akemi introduced herself and told the class what would be happening during the school year. Towards the end of class, she took attendance. She went through everyone's' name and then announced something.

"I want to introduce Lia Chase. She's new to Blake Prep, so everyone welcome her. Maybe some of you can show her around," she said.

Great. I hate being introduced. I could already hear the whispers across the room of the new girl. There's another bonus; I'm in the center of the room and it felt like a spotlight in the middle of a crowd. I started to blush and was probably as red as a tomato at the moment. Luckily, the bell rung signalling the end of first period, and I booked my way out of  the room quickly to my next class.

•••

Second and third period passed by quickly. Before I knew it, P.E. was next. I considered P.E. as an easy "A" because athletics just came naturally to me. 

Serena was in my creative writing and when we split up for third, she told me to meet her at the entrance to the gym. Too bad I didn't pay attention to the tour guide when we arrived because I found myself lost.

I, Azalia Chase, was lost. The bell rung once again, meaning that I was late to class. I sighed to myself. This is going to be a long day, I thought.

After what felt like hours (which was only actually 10 minutes), I found my way to the gym. I tried to open the doors, but they just wouldn't budge. I put my stuff down, took my position, and ran to the doors to push them open.

I did get the doors to open, but they opened with a loud bang. The class in there went silent, and looked at me like I was crazy.

I blushed and went back to get my bag. I walked up to the teacher and said, "Hi, I'm Azalia Chase. I'm sorry I was late, but I'm new here, and I kinda got lost." He didn't respond, and he looked at me like I was mental.

That reaction was just peachy. Now I'm going to be known as the new mental girl.

I saw Serena and headed her way while saying, "Um, I guess I'll go sit down over there now." I practically ran all the way to Serena, who was looking at me with her jaw opened wide.

"Did you just run into the doors?" she asked, amusement lighting up her voice

"Yeah,I did," I responded, rubbing my head from the hard hit.

She laughed at my clumsiness. "Lia, you are something else!"

I don't know whether that was a compliment or an insult. Or was it a cominsult? Or inpliment? Or insultment? Yeah, I'll go with insultment.

My little scene was apparently now forgotten as the class went back to normal. Before I walked in, the teacher had explained that we had to wear our gym clothes the next day and was letting the class sit there and talk for the rest period. Sure, I missed the standards and explanations for P.E. And sure, it was probably going to come back and bite me in the butt later. But, who in the world wants to sit through a whole lecture on P.E.? I mean, I sure didn't.

We had already been through half of the day, and I'd been the center of attention not only once, but twice! I couldn't imagine what the rest of the day was going to be like.

But if my first impressions were going to continue on like this, I was in for one hell of a ride.

____________________________________________________________

Hey guys(: My first chapter is up, and I'm wondering how you guys are liking it so far! So don't be afraid to comment below! 

Don't forget to Follow~Comment~Vote

Picture of Alexander Chase to the side------>

Thanks for reading! I love you guys. xxx And keep reading on for more!

♥royalbluerose