Chapter 21: I've Got A Pocket Full Of Sunshine

I thought that it was absolutely amazing how a person could suddenly shift moods in a split second. It was kind of weird seeing it but totally different when experiencing it yourself.

Winter break was over, and Alex, Noah, and I were all back at school. I was feeling nostalgia walking through the halls of Blake Prep again after having a wonderful time in Jasper. I wanted to travel a couple days in the past just so I could relive those days, especially the moments I spent with Noah. My mind went back to that kiss he sprung upon me at midnight. I took the books I needed out of my locker and shut it, leaning against my locker and closing my eyes with the most ridiculous, happy grin.

"What are you smiling about?" someone asked from behind me, kissing my cheek.

I turned around and gave him a proper kiss. "Just stuff."

"Well that is just keyword for,"Noah said with a smirk, "me."

"Oh, shut up, you idiot."

Noah laughed and put his arm around me. "So you were thinking of me. Let me walk you to lunch, little smurf." Together, we walked down the shiny halls as my stomach rumbled the entire way. Unable to keep quiet about it, he asked, "When was the last time you ate?"

I sighed. "Last night."

"What? Why?"

"I was late for class, and I didn't have time to grab anything," I groaned. "My poor stomach has been grumbling all day."

"That's so sad," he said in a fake tone.

"Noah, I'm going to hit you."

"What?" he asked, with a smirk. "Was I supposed to say that's great?"

"Just shut up, you idiot," I repeated from earlier. Noah laughed and pulled me closer to his side as we arrived at our table.

Everyone there looked at us curiously. "What is this one laughing about?" Serena asked.

"My hunger," I squeezed out, as my stomach let out a deep grumble. "Get me food, bro," I told Noah.

He made a weird face. "Don't call me, bro."

I waved him off. "I'll call you whatever I want to call you." Noah grumbled and walked to the lunch line, throwing his backpack into my hands. I made sure to laugh extra loud so he could hear it all the way, and he flipped me off from behind him.

Damon and Sam stared at Noah in shock. "Even until now I still can't believe it." Damon whistled, shaking his head with a little laugh.

Sam did the same. "Matthews has got it so bad."

I smiled and sat next to Alex. "I would hope so," I grinned.

"No, I would hope so," Alex said. "If he didn't there would be a problem."

There would be a huge problem, indeed. I wouldn't want to continue a relationship if he didn't have it bad for me as I had it bad for him--not that I would ever admit it... At least, not anytime soon.

"Yeah, there would," I agreed. "Oh, hey, I was thinking of throwing Noah a party for his birthday. Yes or no?"

"Why don't you just ask him?" Serena said.

A tray dropped in front of me on the table. Noah shoved his way between Alex and me. "Who are we asking?"

"You, actually," Serena replied, leaning a hand on her chin, "Do you want a party for your birthday?"