2 | back to school

@gorehippie's chapter |

Jack spent the last weeks of the summer thinking about that red haired guy, Mark was his name? It didn't matter, all that mattered was today was the first day of school, and boy did that suck. Jack stuck out quite a bit, having an accent and all, but on top of that he was the priest's kid and everyone knew it.

Most people didn't acknowledge that considering so many others attended the church, but some people found this a quite amusing point. They'd use it to every possible advantage, anytime they could make a sly comment they did. Despite others attending the church nobody stood up for him.

Jack's dad always insisted on driving Jack to school against Jack's wishes. Once Jack had gotten out of the dark blue truck he kept his head down and his pace fast.

It was his first day of junior year which meant two things: 1. he only had one year of high school left 2. he had one year of high school left. Jack just walked along the hallway, ignoring small shoves.

One thing he couldn't ignore however, was being pinned against the lockers. Nearly positive he was about to be punched Jack squeezed his eyes shut. To his surprise no punches came, just a familiar voice.

"Miss me?"

Jack opened his eyes to see the red haired guy standing inches from his face. An instant wave of relief washed over him as he eased into Mark's grip. Oddly enough being pinned down didn't bother Jack that much now that it was from the right person.

"Mark?" Jack questioned, obviously knowing it was Mark.

Mark let go and backed up, "'Sup church boy?" punching Jack's shoulder playfully.

"Honestly I thought you were about to punch me, so how about you?" Jack responded with a hint of sarcasm.

Jack slumped down a bit, readjusting his backpack. He was relieved to see Mark again after the weeks he spent thinking about him, but he got this feeling whenever he saw him; it was indescribable.

A shrill bell filled the halls before a voice appeared over the loudspeaker, "Attention everyone, please report to the gymnasium for an assembly. Thank you that is all."

Jack sighed, "We should get going."

"Nah," Mark sneered, "I think I'm just going to light a cig in the bathroom, wanna join? You don't have to smoke anything."

"You can't smoke on school property," Jack said blankly.

Mark smirked, "Watch me."

"No we have to go to the gym," Jack insisted.

"I see why you thought I was going to punch you now. Join me or don't, it's up to you, but I'm not going to the assembly," Mark shrugged.

Jack's stomach sank, he wanted to go with Mark. He'd never done anything except what he was told, and that included going to assemblies. Something about Mark just got to him, he wanted to join him. Jack knew he was going to regret going with Mark, but that's half the fun of being a teenager anyway isn't it?

"I'll go," Jack mumbled.

"Good hanging with a hot senior will really boost your reputation," Mark laughed, leading the way to the bathroom.

"Yeah, whatever," Jack continued to mumble, completely unaware of what he was getting himself into.