Chapter 10

[Millie's P

[Millie's P.O.V]

I felt like I was more in therapy than in marriage counseling. Within thirty minutes, I ended up tell Mrs. Joy Greer everything. From my abusive mother, up until now. It felt really good getting all of this off of my chest, but it hurt me more every time I talked about it.

"Millie...I'm going to be honest. I've known Geno for a very long time and I've never known him to be so violent. When he told me his side of the story, I was completely shocked. I know you two love each other, but what he did was unforgivable. Having a child by another woman is the worst thing you can do in a marriage, and I know when you slept with that other man it made you feel better because it seemed as if you were getting back at him. The crazy part is that you developed a feeling for this man and Geno basically ruined that when he went crazy. Basically...your marriage is fixable, but are you going to put in the effort to make it work?" She said. Her statement and question really caught me off guard. I was stuck on stupid as I sat there and stared at my knotted fingers.

"I...I..." I stuttered. I was about to say something until Geno walked in.

"I hope you two had enough alone time." He said.

"We did. Millie is a wonderful woman and it's clear that we have a lot of work to do." She said.

"Can I excuse myself? I need some fresh air." I said.

"Of course." Mrs. Greer said. I got up and hurried out of the house. I got in my car and quickly pulled out the driveway. I was in desperate need of some air. I just felt so suffocated by everything and everybody.

I ended up going to the bar, where I met Jayson, to get a drink and calm my nerves. When I walked in, I stopped when I saw Jayson sitting at the bar with that girl from the other night. He glanced at me and I just turned and walked out. Just seeing his face made me upset all over again.

"Millie!" I heard him call out

"Millie!" I heard him call out. I turned and faced him.

"What?" I said.

"You good?" He asked. Wow.

"I'm fucking fantastic!" I said sarcastically.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"About what?" I asked.