Chapter Fourteen: Worries

Enjooooooooy ;)

______________________________________________________________________________

So, I found that Mason nor Carter blabbed about what happened. You know, with the fight and the hospitalization of Mason. They didn’t say anything to anyone and they didn’t say anything to me which was for the better because I actually met some new people. There were two girls that I met, one from math class and the other from Human Anatomy. One of them, Erykah, has a little girl, who’s not even a year old yet, and doesn’t really go out much. I told her I worked at Max Dales for a living and she worked at Wal-Mart for hers. The other never felt the need to go out and get drunk because she actually was kind of a goody two shoes (no offense to her). Actually, there was one encounter with Mason and that was when we exchanged sorry’s, nothing more, nothing less. That was it. Yeah, surprised how there’s nothing to talk about that involved him? Well, I guess Ethan scared him so bad that he didn’t want to even be in the same class as me anymore because, come to find out, he switched to a different one. Don’t know how because people here are strict on schedules but he made it out.

The part that I want to talk about, though, is when I was in Human Anatomy with Erykah. Look, it was my last class and I was ready to get out of there. I was bored and Erykah and I were just talking it out in the back. Then Brian somehow came into the picture.

When I first told her my name, we started talking about how nice of a name I had. And then, when we were far beyond my name, she asked for my last name. So I told her, I was all, “Graceson… why?” Now listen to this. Her kid is Brian’s kid. Yeah, let me say that again: her kid, is Brian’s kid. Meaning, she had a baby with Brian. But, that’s not the (excuse my French) fucked up part. Let me note that Erykah looks like me but not exactly. From afar, you’d think it’s me, but not when we’re up close. You can tell the difference.

But Brian took advantage of the similarity and tried recreate Avory. Given this was last year and I wasn‘t here yet. But the reason why Brian isn’t with her right now is because Erykah had a baby girl and, obviously, Avory isn’t a girl. “Yeah,” she nodded. You’d think this girl would want to shun me because so guy tried to make another one of my kids. “I met him at a party last year and he got me drunk. That’s about it. Oh, he did call me Sophia, I remember that because it was so weird.” She shrugged it off. Yes, she shrugged it off. I don’t know what I’d exactly do in this situation but I know for a fact that I wouldn’t shrug it off. “But I learned he’s a psycho from his cousin, you know Ethan?” I nodded, thinking that Ethan was going to have to hear this later.

It’s funny how we aren’t even friends right now, even though we just met. We have a baby by two cousins, doesn’t that make us related somehow? And how is it that I’m coming across the weirdest circumstances? First, I meet Ethan in another state and, now, some girl who Brian got pregnant ‘cause he want an Avory is in my Human Anatomy class. Let me tell you this; this doesn’t happen on a daily basis. This is probably the only time this has happened in the whole history of the world! God, I didn’t know what to expect next. “I should have clarified that my son… is also his.” I kind of trailed off because this was beyond creepy. It’s like someone is up there, pulling strings, making all of this happen. “Brian is a psychopath! He’s literally obsessed with me.”

“Oh, yeah, I know that.” Erykah gave me the ‘duh’ look. “I may have been drunk but I caught the ‘this was how it was supposed to be’ part. And, sometimes, psychopaths do that. It’s known for someone crazy to go out and find the equivalent of a female he originally wanted and have sex with her in hopes of creating an offspring he wanted. In this case, Brian looks just like Ethan so he had sex with me because he thought he was going to get you and Ethan’s son… uh- ”